Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
jillian_rodgers

Project 01 Final

Post by jillian_rodgers »

Hi everyone!

My name is Jillian Rodgers and this is my final design. I went with the concert themed rough and changed a few things. I made the tabs have a lower opacity, as well as the "about me" section. I also added some strokes and glow around them, so they stand out against some of the dark areas of the background. Overall, I didn't make too many changes, but simple ones nonetheless. I am happy with how everything turned out since I feel like the theme is a huge reflection of my personality and interests!

Some helpful websites!
1. https://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/building-websites/
2. https://blog.duda.co/how-to-build-great ... re%20items
Attachments
Design02_Mob_Final.jpg
Design02_Comp_Final.jpg
-Jillian Rodgers

Brooke_Brown

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hello Jillian! I really like the layout design you picked and i think it looks really good!
Brooke Brown

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Jillian,

I liked the color choice, using the pinks and black. The layout is easy to navigate and looks nice and neat. My only suggestion would probably to make the hamburger menu on the mobile version white instead of black so that it can easily be seen. Other than that, you did a good job with this design.
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Jillian!
I am obsessed with this design, and I'm so glad you chose this design for your project two! The bright red and black color scheme brings the layout to life; the typefaces you chose are stylist and legible. The picture you chose also helps tie this design together! My only suggestion would be to add the white glowing stroke to the body paragraph to unify the other elements. Besides that, this design is amazing, and I can't wait to see it live! :D
Giselle Sanchez

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

The font choice has a ton of movement to it, and changing your image to have a pink tinge creates a badass, girl-boss effect. The layout is super easy to see and navigate, this overall looks strong and stylized! Great job!!

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

Looks really neat. I like your concept a lot. The glow also makes it look like a spotlight. Maybe have the About Me section be the same as your name? Would love to see that font a little more!
Super neat concept!
alexandra buyck :D

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hello Jillian!

This polished version of the metal website looks great, the changes do seem minimal but it's a great final result. The only thing I noticed is the vertical centering on the buttons, a few of them seem a bit low. The typefaces you used in combination with the matching backgrounds for the buttons/boxes are soothing and really add to the wonderful flow of the page. I wish there was an emoji for devil horns so I will use the ol' fashioned "\m/". Nice!
-Nathan Grover

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi Jillian

I I like how you use the black to create great separation between the background and the information that you need. I also really like the font you use for your name it is very unique and pops out a lot. I also like how you stuck with the black and white theme for your picture it really unifies the design.

anacatnic

Post by anacatnic »

Hi jillian!!

Love love love that font!!!! Paired with the photo it feels like I'm at a metal concert!! Fantastic job!
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)

Joey_Escalera

Post by Joey_Escalera »

Hi Jillian! Super cool design, love the theme you've got going! I think the only thing that stands out to me is the black text box on the mobile version, as I think you don't really need it. Other than that, great job!