Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
ngrover19

Project 01 Final

Post by ngrover19 »

Hi! Here is my final submission for Project 1. I noticed that I didn't upload an image, oops, fixed that. I had a hard time finding an image, so it may change, or it may not. I cleaned up the spacing and went with a significantly thinner typeface (thanks MGG!) and I think it presents a bit nicer. I'm slowly getting more comfortable editing and doing the whole graphic design thing. Quickly would be nice, but so would a million dollars. I am excited to see how my skills progress as the semester goes along.
Helpful resources:
https://www.wix.com/blog/5-design-tips- ... ional-site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBKRywEbNs
Attachments
Project 1 web final.png
Project 1 mobile final.png
-Nathan Grover

onnimelon

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by onnimelon »

This concept is neat visually, I wouldn't have guessed you weren't used to graphic design immediately so don't be too harsh on yourself!

Very minimalist artsy feel to this! I think the thinner typeface was a good choice.
alexandra buyck :D

Brooke_Brown

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hello Nathan! I really really like your layout! It looks very clean and organized and looks very professional :) Keep up the good work!
Brooke Brown

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Nathan!

I like the simplicity of the use of black and white colors for your webpage. It is clean and appealing to the eye. I have a few suggestions... First, I would move all of your tabs to the top (projects 1-3) along side Contact and Resources for consistency. I would also add a hamburger (dropdown) menu and remove the tabs on your mobile version for a cleaner look. Overall, it was a nice job.
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You went with the sketchtastic brush stroke cup of soup one! Cool. Glad to see it.

I love the motion of both your lines. They almost beg the eye to follow them through your composition. It's a great way to encourage your users' eyes to dig deeper into your layout. Ordinarily I'd be a little leery about the lack of color, but you've made it work here. You're using varied contrast to give objects hierarchy and add visual interest. And the texture of your lines and photo add additional interest. The actual layout is clean and easy to follow, with pretty good margins. Your two typefaces work well together. I like the use of different weights to differentiate things. Keeping as few a typefaces as you can and letting their weights establish hierarchy never hurts.

Your navigation seems a little small on your mobile version. In fact a lot of the type seems small on your mobile version. Or maybe it's just in relation to your bodycopy. Your computer layout is a little fragmented in spots, especially when it comes to your navigation.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

The black and white theme was a very successful choice, I enjoy the slightly curved line to guide the eye through the composition! Black text on a white background is always a safe choice when thinking about contrast and legibility!

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Nathan!
I love the design you chose to continue for project two. I see the improvements you have made, and it honestly made your design stronger! I love the picture you added; it goes well with the color scheme of your layout. My only suggestion is separating "GRC 175" from "Web Design & Publishing..." so that you don't get a "-". Besides that, the layout looks ready to build! :D
Giselle Sanchez

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Nathan,
I really your theme and colors. Your design looks very minimal and clean. I like how you use brush lines to divide the spaces. The composition of your page is good and makes it easy to navigate too.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi Nathan

I really Like the black and white theme you went for in your design. It looks very easy to navigate with all the different links on one page. I like how you separated the space using different line textures to break up information in an interesting way. Overall it looks good

Joey_Escalera

Post by Joey_Escalera »

Hi Nathan! Love your use of lines here! They provide a good way to move the onlookers eyes throughout the page, and they fit the layout well! I think on your mobile version, the lines kind of squish everything to the right a bit, and maybe getting rid of the second pair of lines could help fix that. Great job!