Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
LMisher

Project 1 Final

Post by LMisher »

Hello Everyone!

My name is LaTara Misher, and I am excited about this first project! I chose incorporate some of my favorite colors (teal, gold and black) into to my work, because I believe that they are warm and "feel good" colors to attract the eye. I took the feedback from you all and chose to go with the teal and gold version. Since my first submission, I have changed things around a bit, mainly the font sizes/types, removing the golden banner and replacing it with a black banner with gold trim on the end.

I was inspired by the following websites for my thought process.

1. https://paloma-fluid-demo.squarespace.com/
2. https://www.thecreativemomentum.com/folio/mediajel
Attachments
indexmobile.jpg
index.jpg
project-1-lm.zip
(6.12 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

onnimelon

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by onnimelon »

The color choices are definitely warm and pleasant to look at. I think you definitely got that down. The font feels more handwritten so gives it a more a personal feel. Looks like a better change.
The placement of the sparkles in the mobile feels off to me though! Like there should be something there but in the desktop version it's behind you. Just something to consider. I like how professional yet friendly this design is
alexandra buyck :D

Brooke_Brown

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hello LaTara! I really like your end layout for this project, it looks really clean and very nice! Good work :)
Brooke Brown

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Looking good, LaTara. You definitely chose the stronger of the two designs.

I still like the way the gold and blue interplay and contrast off one another. Those were strong color choices. And I like the explosive glitter effect. It looks like you're featuring in player introductions on ESPN or something. Really pulls the eye toward your image. Your two typefaces play well together, too. The script provides the visual interest while your serif type warms the composition and makes it more friendly. I also like the way you used different weights of your serif type to establish hierarchy. Your contrast continues to stand strong as well. You picked colors dark enough that white type would really stand out against them. Your navigation looks like it's easy to see and use. And, of course, bubbles! Bubbles always add fun and it remains the case here.

My only real issue is a nitpick really. I think it would have looked sightly better on your mobile design if the left edge of your bodycopy was aligned with the left edge of the class information block.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

LaTara!

What a wonderful outcome, so happy you decided to finalize the teal version of your drafts!

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hello LaTara!
I love the design you decided to go with for project two! I love the typefaces you used for the body copy and your name. I also like your placement in your computer design. It has room to breathe and space for links. My only suggestion is to make your name bigger on the mobile layout; it feels small, like the body copy. Aside from that, your design looks astonishing, and I can't wait to see your website running! :D
Giselle Sanchez

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hi LaTara!

What a great final result. The page feels much more clean and composed, it evokes a sense of excitement while maintaining professionalism as you look around the page. All very organized. Nice!
-Nathan Grover

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, LaTara

I really love your final design the color combinations that you used work really well altogether. I feel like I could see this website design for like a law firm or somewhere where you would put your resume and references.

anacatnic

Post by anacatnic »

Hi LaTara!!

I love this final product! The color combination works really well and the layout is simple and direct. Also what a wonderful photo!! Great job!
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)

Joey_Escalera

Post by Joey_Escalera »

Hi LaTara! What a beautiful design! You chose a very good color scheme, and your layout feels very professional. I think having your mobile version text and title be centered would have a cleaner look like your desktop, but other than that this is a fantastic design!