Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Austin_Niedfeldt

Project 1 Final

Post by Austin_Niedfeldt »

Hey! This is my final revised version of my project 1 layouts. I took into account all of the feedback that I gathered as well as adding a few elements that I thought looked good that I also had in my other layout designs. The main thing I fixed was the background shapes that acted like a background for my titles and subheads. I got rid of them and added drop shadows to them which I agree look a lot better. This really helped make the design cleaner in my eyes. I also added the horizontal lines from my other design to sort of organize my subheads and titles to help with the overall organization of my design. I am pretty happy with the result and would love any further critiques that i could further add to it as the semester goes.
Here are the other two websites that really helped me in finishing up my design in regards of color and organization:
1. https://www.interaction-design.org/lite ... lor-theory
2. https://slickplan.com/blog/types-of-website-structure
web_final_an.jpg
mobile_final_an.jpg
Attachments
project01-an.zip
(45.98 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
~ Austin Niedfeldt :lol:

onnimelon

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by onnimelon »

I really enjoy the 1920's art deco movie theme. I think the changes you made were effective. The horizontal lines definitely helped with the site readability and makes it a bit more clear that their meant to be navigation links
Really neat concept here!
alexandra buyck :D

Brooke_Brown

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hello Austin! I really like your layout and the vibe you are going for! I like the structure of the layout and how everything is presented
Brooke Brown

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hell yeah! Looking really good, Austin. Once again, I can hear this website just looking at it.

This webpage design is another example of a clean layout that relies on an absolutely perfect background image. That pic has such motion and energy to it. The vibes on your page are high energy just looking at it. I really appreciate that you've taken colors from throughout that image and used them in your composition to tie everything together. The subtle drop shadow really bounces your title and navigation out of the images and makes them stand on their own. Good choice of title and nav font BTW. Everything pops right out. Your navigation is easy to see and hypothetically use. Good margin throughout, as well. Everything has room to breathe and nothing feels too crowded.

I have just a couple of nitpicks with it. I'm not fond of the hard edge on the content area. I think it would have looked batter with a soft edge that fades into the background image. I'm also not sold on the center aligned bodycopy. I think it would look better left aligned. I think your class info would look better in your title/nav font.

Excellent work! \m/
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Austin, wonderful job! It all works very well together, the colors, typefaces, and image comes together to make a solid website layout!

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hello Austin!
I love the design you decided to go for project two! The picture looks exciting and welcoming. I also love the typeface you chose for your links and name. My only suggestion is to shrink the "GRC 175, Web Design..." on your mobile design because it is very close to the edge. Maybe align it with the start of the "Resources" link? Aside from that, this website looks ready to rock and roll! :D
Giselle Sanchez

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Austin,
Nice job! I love your design. Your image, font choices, color scheme go very well together.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hi Austin!

I am sensing a cross between Broadway and classic noir, which when infused with a music theme really makes this an impressive presentation. Really polished when compared to your preliminary submission. Nice work!!
-Nathan Grover

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Austin

I love the theater slash concert idea that you ran with. your use of font and hierarchy to separate your page works really well. I also like how you use the same yellow for your font that you can find in the picture.

anacatnic

Post by anacatnic »

Hi austin!!!

Love the photo you used! Feels like I'm at a concert haha. I also really enjoyed the font you used! Great job!
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)