Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Sierra_Ross

Project 1 Final

Post by Sierra_Ross »

Hello, everyone! My name is Sierra Ross. Here are my final designs for my website, I only changed a couple of things. I fixed some margins and made some text a bit bolder to help with the readability. Overall, I am happy with my simple layout.

Here are my two helpful tutorial websites
https://99designs.com/blog/web-digital/ ... tutorials/
https://www.w3schools.com/
Attachments
Final mobile design
Final mobile design
Final computer design
Final computer design

onnimelon

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by onnimelon »

Hi Sierra I like the color in this. The reflection of the site color being based on the banner image is a good idea. I think just having the font be bolder or using a different font with thicker lines would really add to that readability!
Overall simplistic and cute. Totally works
alexandra buyck :D

Brooke_Brown

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hi Sierra! I like your color scheme and your layout! It looks really good! :)
Brooke Brown

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! Another cool background image. Nicely selected, Sierra.

Your overall layout is very clean and simple. Works well. But that background image. How eye catching is that? It stands up and demands your attention. I really appreciate that you've gone through it and selected colors to use in the rest of your design. Really ties everything together. I especially like the gradients on your content boxes on your computer layout. Speaking of the content boxes, nine time out of ten, I'd be telling you to get rid of 'em. But here they work. I credit the gradients. Pretty good margins on everything. All the objects seem to have room to breathe.

Too bad you didn't bring the content container gradient from your computer design over to your mobile design. Also, the padding on your content boxes are uneven. Your type is closer to the left edge than it is the top. I'm not sold on the Courier typeface. I think it would have looked better with something sans-serif. I would like to have seen what your links in your navigation looked like, rather than a blank content box.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Sierra, the gradient within the boxes is so gorgeous, really wonderful use of color throughout. The summer, beach vibe is inviting, and your site seems easy to navigate!

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Sierra!
I love the picture you chose for this design. It is a beautiful sky, and it is cool that you replicate it in your computer layout with the gradient. My only suggestion is to choose a different color for the body type. It is difficult to read and hard to see from far away. Maybe a dark blue like the picture? Besides that, your website looks ready to build! :D
Giselle Sanchez

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Sierra!

Beautiful colors and I love the sun's reflection on the water. On the mobile version, I would recommend removing the two boxes and replacing them with a hamburger (drop-down) menu to clear up that space.
Other than that, great job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hi Sierra!

Wonderful use of color, and a more polished look compared to your preliminary submission. Some exploration into different typefaces would surely add some excitement. Good stuff!
-Nathan Grover

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Sierra

I like your choice of colors and how it's so bright and all the different aspects of your design. through use of using the colors that were in the sunset picture in the design was such a good idea. one thing that you might want to take into consideration is legibility for information that is needed. I also like where you put the TMCC so at the top instead of putting at the bottom like most people did.

anacatnic

Post by anacatnic »

Hi Sierra!!

Love love love that background! It's such a beautiful photo, and I like that you took the colors in the photo as the theme of your website. It's a little hard to read some of the paragraphs with the font/color you used, but overall it looks fantastic!! Can't wait to see it as a website!
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)