Project 01 Prelim Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
anacatnic

Project 01 Prelim Critique

Post by anacatnic »

Hello!! So for my two designs, I wanted one to focus more on color and the other to focus more on layout. I think it's pretty obvious which one I prefer but let me know what you think haha.
grc175_project01_website_01.png
grc175_project01_mobile_01.png
grc175_project01_website_02.png
grc175_project01_mobile_02.png

Links:
https://youtu.be/eEWRbpDu6CU?si=mBJ63KaMPE3-UPNj
https://youtu.be/MlsV3hu84as?si=quOzD_8kl17fuMSi
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)

chloecutter

Re: Project 01 Prelim Critique

Post by chloecutter »

Hey Anastasia,

The hot pink/checkered design looks so good, definitely the stronger layout in my opinion. The ripped paper texture looks so interesting, and the checker board pattern creates a nice contrast with the texture and color of the paper! I also love the polaroid idea for the picture, and the placement of everything looks balanced and visually pleasing, wonderful design, good job!

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

I absolutely love that first 2 designs. Filled with incredible amounts of personality. I only wonder how this can be all coded! If you have the experience or the time I say for sure go with these designs
alexandra buyck :D

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hello Anastasia!

Great use of angles on the pink and blue rough! It looks like a well worked draft, with the depth added from the torn page effect there is a lot of fun going on. Typeface for both submissions work well together, going between links/buttons to the title and to the body of text feels very natural. Great work! (ps my vote is on the torn page 8-) )
-Nathan Grover

taylorichord

Post by taylorichord »

The graphics and images that you used in your first web layout are great! It really gives a unique feel to the layout that I love! It would look really nice as a website and I hope to see it live.
Taylor Ichord

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh wow! Look at the texture on that first design. You've done well, Anastasia. Go with that one.

It has a kind of '80s Memphis feel. Like a scrapbook that was cut from some old '80s stuff. It's got a little bit of a conspiracy theorist's wall going on too. The colors are quite good. Very bright and eye-catching. It looks like they're variations of colors pulled from your photograph, which nicely ties everything together. The torn paper texture is great too. Like you're ripping out newspaper articles about yourself and scribbling notes all over them. I love your blobby headline and navigation font. It's so much fun. Makes everything look like a logo and brings a smile to my face. Speaking of your navigation, it's sure easy to see and hypothetically use. Even amongst all the textures and visual chaos you still managed good margins too.

I'd recommend using a slightly bolder version of your serif font for the "GRC 175 Web Design ..." class info lines. It's a little thin against all the rest of this crazy boldness and visual texture.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Anastasia!!!

Both versions were good, but I really love the colors used in Version 1. The ripped newspaper in the corner was genius! One suggestion I would give would be to replace the tabs (Project 2-4) with the three line hamburger menu. This will save space and provide a clearer navigation for your site. Overall, good job!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

Hi,
Really good job on your colors, I think the first one is really striking. I really like how you broke up the space with the ripped pages in the corners, giving it great depth. I think you other page works but isn't nearly as clean as the first one.

-Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller

Brooke_Brown

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hey Anastasia! I really really love your first design! It looks like its your favorite haha, i love all the details and color theme and it gives off an awesome aesthetic and i am excited to see what the final product will be :)
Brooke Brown