Project 04 prelim! ;0

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.

style 1 or 2?

Style 1 (image background)
91%
Style 2 (green background)
9%

Total votes: 11

Hinata_Sato

Project 04 prelim! ;0

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hello class, these are my roughs for this project.
I'm thinking of redesigning them since I'm not liking them that much...

My roughs

Style 01 (with image background)
tmcc-web01.jpg
tmcc-web01-inner01.jpg
tmcc-mobile01.jpg
tmcc-mobile01-inner01.jpg
Style 02 (with green background)
tmcc-web02.jpg
tmcc-web02-inner01.jpg
tmcc-mobile02.jpg
tmcc-mobile02-inner01.jpg
Hinata Sato

YoAdrian!

Re: Project 04 prelim! ;0

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Hinata!
I'm a fan of the 1st design. Looks like it'd be fairly easy to make it responsive and I love how you zoomed in on the center of the background photo for your mobile version. I'm definitely going to take cues from this to make my design better. I really don't have any improvements for you, these both look so professional. Maybe add some design element to the bottom of the page to let users know they've reached the end?? But it looks good without anything too.
-Johnna Chism

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Put me down for a vote for that first one, Hinata. We're all cows. Mooooo! Now you have to come up with cow pun names and cow pun bios. Have fun!

That tinted background image is a really strong look. It shows off campus and you've laid the home page out around it, but it's tinted enough not to distract from the content when it's used as a background for your inner pages. Nice work taking TMCC's colors and not making them look like a dogs breakfast. A tougher challenge than it seems! Good use of contrast throughout as well. Your image is tinted, but no so dark we loose sight of what it is. You've got a very simple and clean layout here that relies on it's cool background image. Good use of margin throughout your design. Nothing feels crowded or oddly placed. Nice pic on the type as well. It's clean and easy to read, which is important for educational websites. Usually I'd say your bodycopy is too bold, but it works well here against the background image. Your navigation is easy to see and use too.

Maybe use other campus pics for different background images on different pages. Keep the tint though.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Hinata!

Jeeeez, these are really cool. Both are so different and they both have their positives. Like the others, I have to go with the first design. The colors work so well, and I really like how you made good use of the space within the sky. if you wanted to change the photo like Michael said, perhaps you can find images that have lots of empty space for headers. My only feedback is to move the tmcc logo. Maybe bottom centered would work well for web layouts? You're the pro, so I'll leave that to you. Great work!
Isaac M!

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Hinata!
I really like both of your designs! My favorite is the top one because the contrast of the image to the green headline looks really nice. My only advice would be to add one more font variant into the design. Good job!

Also, congrats on almost being done with the ur last semester here!!!! :D

-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Hinata,

I really like your first set of layouts. the image in the background works very well without being too distracting. My only suggestion is modifying the tracking and the kerning of the header in your desktop version. Keep it up!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hi Hinata!

I really enjoy both of your designs! They both are visually appealing and have good breathing room. When I saw your first concept, I immediately thought that was something I would see on the TMCC website. I think that one is working better, and I can't say there's much I would change. Great work!

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Hinata!

This is such a hard one for me, but I'm leaning more towards the first design due to the image background and how simplistic yet appealing it is. I can't say there's really anything I'd change, can't wait to see it live!
~*Jenna*

kevin_ksk

Post by kevin_ksk »

Hey Hinata,

I really like your first design. It looks very modern and your font choices are great. It's very simple but thoughtfully laid out. The cow photos are really funny lol. Keep going with that version!

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Hinata,

You are brilliant as always, the second design is awesome and I really love the dynamic text and colors, I will be stealing inspiration from this. Cannot wait to see it live
- Mars Sink