Project 4 prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Erikatsukamoto

Project 4 prelim

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey y'all. I have come prepared today with two different designs for the very epic tmcc. Hope you enjoy, I have more faith in executing these designs than I did for my Yale website design :D :D :D :D :D
Attachments
webstarted2-01.png
webstarted2-01.png (3.06 MiB) Viewed 5353 times
phonestarted2-01.png
phonestarted2-01.png (3.36 MiB) Viewed 5353 times
webhome2-01.png
webhome2-01.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 5353 times
phonehome2-01.png
phonehome2-01.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 5353 times
webstarted1-01.png
webstarted1-01.png (2.02 MiB) Viewed 5353 times
phonestarted1-01.png
phonestarted1-01.png (2.9 MiB) Viewed 5353 times
webhome1-01.png
webhome1-01.png (2.49 MiB) Viewed 5353 times
phonehome1-01.png
phonehome1-01.png (3.48 MiB) Viewed 5353 times

YoAdrian!

Re: Project 4 prelim

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Erika,
I really like your 2nd design best! I'm not a super fan of the flower-esque background graphic, but i really like the dark TMCC on the diagonal. Maybe try something around your images, like a highlight or faint boarder to help anchor them? Nice job so far :)
-Johnna Chism

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Erika!
Great work you have here! I think I am leaning towards the second set a bit more, that background is just so cool! The type boxes are awesome too, I love how they interact with one another. My only feedback to you is to consider getting rid of these greys for a bolder color!
Great work!
Isaac M!

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Erika!
I really like both of your designs! The flower/sun shapes are super cute and then the black design has a really nice contrast. I think it would be cool if you used the flower shapes in the black design. My only other advice would be to just make the body copy font size, a little smaller. Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hi Erika,
I would say I prefer your second set of designs right now. The TMCC background is working really well and assists in making the images pop out a little more. It is also slightly easier on my eyes and I think it's flowing well. Good job!

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Erika,
I like the second set of your designs! You have a cool background with the TMCC logo and I think that's a good idea. My suggestion will be to make the font size of your navigation smaller and change the font style of your body copy to something thinner and lightweight. Nice work!
Hinata Sato

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Count me in for a vote on your second one, Erika. I like the black patterned background.

Usually I'm all about the brighter, whiter look on websites, but I like the TMCC pattern on this one. Are some of them different sizes? They sure look like it. I like the way it uses contrast, too. The dark background makes your images pop out, almost like a scrapbook. I like the depth on your home page too. It such a simple effect, just a bunch of semi-transparent overlapping content boxes and it came out sooo well. And the gecko photo is always a good time. You actually make the TMCC colors look good, which is more difficult than it sounds. Your navigation is easy to see and use. I like the silver background. Works well with your black and still stands out.

Your inner page content pics seem a little lost and split apart. I think they could use a caption. I don't know that your bodycopy needs to be that bold. I think a lighter type would serve just fine.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Erika!

You sold me with the light, patterned background, so I'm going with you 1ist design! I like how the colors contrast in a good way and everything is easy to navigate and is legible. Only suggestion would be to align the "enroll" and "getting started" tabs to the right maybe? Overall, can't wait to see the final!
~*Jenna*

kevin_ksk

Post by kevin_ksk »

Hey Erika

I like your second design the best. The flower pattern is a bit much. Good job with your layout and I like the way you have the information layed out!

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Erika,

I really like the flower design for the tmcc website, is a cleaner and more creative concept. I would suggest picking a fun type face to match or Trebuchet MS because that is the font all of tmcc uses. Otherwise, great start!
- Mars Sink