Project 4 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
S_Osmar

Project 4 Prelim

Post by S_Osmar »

Here is my Project 4 roughs, I was inspired by websites that have images in the backgrounds and also more minimalistic styles. I'm very happy with how these came out.

Design One:
p4 rough.png
p4 rough2.png
p4 mobile roughs.png
p4 mobile roughs2.png
Design Two:
p4 os 2 roughs.png
p4 os 2 roughs2.png
p4 mobile 2 roughs.png
p4 mobile 2 roughs2.png

YoAdrian!

Re: Project 4 Prelim

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hey Osmar,
These are looking good! I'm drawn more to your 2nd design, but both could work nicely. The only improvement I would make is to decrease the size of your navigation text a bit. It feels a little too big compared to the rest of your design so far. Nice job!
-Johnna Chism

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Osmar!

These are both really cool! I think I am leaning toward the first set of designs. I like your colors here a bit more, but that bottom accent on your second set is great if you wanted to use that. Great choice on the header font, it works well. For my feedback, I think you could use that same font for your nav, maybe as a thinner style. Great job on these!
Isaac M!

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Osmar!
I really like both designs, but my favorite is the second design. I really like the movement of the TMCC footer and it has good contrast. My only advice would be to make the nav bar text size a bit smaller. Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hi Osmar,
Good work with both of these designs. I think I'm drawn more toward your second design right now, and I enjoy the nice touch you added to the bottom of the shapes that make it curve. Its looking good, but if anything, I would look more into working with the type and doing some fun stuff with that. Good job!

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Osmar!
Nice designs on both of the designs! I like how you kept the color schemes of TMCC. I think the font size for your navigation can be smaller and maybe add some images or other elements for both of your sets. They're too many words for now so I think adding some images will help the viewers to understand more content. Nice work!
Hinata Sato

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Throw me in for a vote for your Design One, Osmar. I like the background image.

That background image adds a great visual texture. Nice use of TMCCs colors. They surprisingly do not clash with your background image. Nice font choices. I especially like your bold narrow sans-serif in the header. Very dominant and stands out against the dark gray header. Your navigation is easy to see and use, if a bit big. For all the colors in this thing, it contrasts surprisingly well. Good margins throughout as well. Lots of room to breathe on this one. Everything is well placed. My eye skims over the layout nicely.

I'm not a fan of the green as a bodycopy background. It just spears you right in the eye. I'd recommend making the type black, the background white, and dial back the transparency on the white background a bit so we can see more of the background image. I'd also recommend adding some images in with your body area as well so it's not just a huge block of text. I think you can shrink your button type a bit as well. If anything they are a little too big. I'd use your bold header type for your headline sin your text.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kevin_ksk

Post by kevin_ksk »

Hey Osmar,

I like your header and layout. The text box looks nice but idk if I like it being green. I really like the swoop element at the bottom of your second design. i would try to combine those two designs.

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Osmar,

Love the second design, I think even dan would like that one. Very professional and full of school spirit! Maybe try the trebuchet ms font, thats the tmcc default font? otherwise this is an excellent start.
- Mars Sink

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Osmar! Really nice job on both of your designs. I would probably make the text of your nav bar a little bit smaller but otherwise really nice job!