Project 4 Prelim!

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
jjkusler

Project 4 Prelim!

Post by jjkusler »

Hi everyone!

Here are my two rough ideas for the GAMT website. I started my research/thumbnails with the main goal being to keep the site informative but also add more creative elements as it is an arts program. I struggled with how I wanted to structure the site in terms of navigation and where to add drop menus, but overall these two were my favorites!
Attachments
Design 2 Mobile Inner
Design 2 Mobile Inner
Design 2 Mobile
Design 2 Mobile
Design 2 Inner
Design 2 Inner
Design 2
Design 2
Design 1 Mobile Inner
Design 1 Mobile Inner
Design 1 Mobile
Design 1 Mobile
Design 1 Inner
Design 1 Inner
Design 1
Design 1
~*Jenna*

YoAdrian!

Re: Project 4 Prelim!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Jenna,
Oooh, I really like your ideas here! I definitely thought about using a bulletin board too, but couldn't figure out how to make it work. But you did it! That design would be really fun, but the top one works well too. I especially like the down-triangle boarder around the TMCC in the top left corner. Maybe try another design element for the footer to help bridge the two pieces of text you have?? Like a simple line? Not sure if it would help or not but it's worth a shot. Good work so far :)
-Johnna Chism

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Jenna!
Wow, these are really cool! It is quite hard for me to pick one to focus on, but I think it will have to be the second set. The colors are great, and the dimmed background doesn't go unnoticed. Your type choice for the headline is great. It is simple but carries a lot of personality with it. My only feedback is to make the type container a bit less transparent, to increase legibility. It gets a little lost in the bushes. Super cool bulletin idea you have also! Great work.
Isaac M!

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Jenna!
I really like both of your designs! You made a cool logo for the program and it works nicely on both of your sets! I love the cool graphics you have for the pictures too, I think it adds accent to the design. If you're going with the second set, I would make the background image darker like you did on your header since it's a little bit harder to read the body copy. Great work!
Hinata Sato

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hi Jenna,

I really enjoy these designs but right now I think the second design is working. I think blue is a nice touch that contrasts well and catches attention. The first design makes everything slightly blend together which may be hard to maneuver. I would go with the blue design. Good job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Put me in for a vote for Design 2, Jenna. It's so bright and airy.

I love the choice of background picture here. It's largely responsible for the bright and airy feeling of this whole thing. The blue sky and green grass work well with TMCC's colors. The grass in particular. Your header and footer make for great framing objects for your content. Your GAMT logo is so much fun, what with it's little brush stroke and all. I think I like the inner page version even better. That little sketch laptop is such a value add. The whole design has such a depth to it. I think that's largely because of two things; the overlapping content areas and the great use of transparency throughout this thing. Your margins are good as well. They march right up to the edge of fragmentation and stop. Everything has room to breathe and then some.

Make sure that the images you select for the header in your more transparent box go all the way across on your mobile versions. The type is a little small in both your bodycopy and navigation dropdown on your computer layouts.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kevin_ksk

Post by kevin_ksk »

Hey Jenna,

I like both of your designs a lot! The menu bar looks great on the second design. The GAMT logo for both pages is great. The way you lay out all of the information looks great. The pencil pointing is great. I think maybe the first design wins by a little.

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Jenna!

The second design is sick, and makes me wish I thought of it first, I will be taking inspiration if you do not mind. No critiques here, I cannot wait to see this live.
- Mars Sink

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Wow Jenna! These are looking super cool! I think I'm leaning more towards the second design but both designs would look super good. Really nice job!

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Jenna, I like both of your designs. I am having a hard time picking between the two. Both are looking good. Some of the text on your second design is clashing with the background, if you go with the second one my advice would be to adjust the text to make it a bit easier to read.
- Nick Martinez 8-)