Project 04 Premil!

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
qcottel

Project 04 Premil!

Post by qcottel »

Hey Yall!

This is my redesign for this project. Oddly enough I do like how the website looks already, but I do think the website can do a bit better with throwing around its color pallet more, so that's what I'm attempting to do.
Let me know what you think!
Attachments
project04_website_02_main.jpg
project04_website_02_inner_page.jpg
project04_website_01_main.jpg
project04_website_01_inner_page.jpg
project04_phone_main.jpg
project04_phone_inner_page.jpg
project04_phone_02_main.jpg
project04_phone_02_inner_page.jpg
Quinn Cottel TMCC Student
quinn.cottel@gmail.com

YoAdrian!

Re: Project 04 Premil!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Quinn,
I like the boldness of your colors here! I'm thinking I like the 2nd design a little better, with the white background around the body text? It's a little easier to read. If i were to change anything, I might reposition the &. It's a little overwhelming compared to the other titles when it's placed in front of them. Is there a way you could put it in the middle some how? Just a thought, maybe in a different color, like white, to break up the words? Nice job so far :)
-Johnna Chism

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Quinn!
Cool concepts you have here. I think I have to agree with Johnna, the 2nd layout is a bit easier to read. The 1st one uses a lot of bright colors that tend to vibrate against one another, making it hard to read in some sections. I like the way you have your body copy positioned also!
Nice job!
Isaac M!

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Quinn!
Cool designs on these layouts! It gives me retro vibes with the cook gradient you have. The first one has a contrast issue on the header. Maybe white will work better if you're going with the first set? I like how you change the colors of the TMCC colors! it looks cool. Nice work!
Hinata Sato

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hi Quinn,

I think i prefer the set of designs with the white background. It makes the type a little bit easier for me to read, unlike the black type on the lime background. I think if anything could be improved, you could just work on type and choosing colors that don't clash so hard and are easy to read. Good job!

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Quinn!

I really like your designs, I'm leaning more towards your second set because I really like the gradient you have going on! The white background helps make the text more legible as well, the only suggestion is to bold the subheaders in your body copy. Overall, great job!
~*Jenna*

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like where you're going with the gradient design, Quinn. Pursue that!

You've got a great white stage to set your content on and accent against the background and you're making great use of it. Nice margins throughout this design. Everything has room to breathe. Your layout is very strong. I have not trouble moving my eye through it. You seem to have a good sense of content hierarchy here. Your headlines stand out well. Nice choice of sans-serif fonts through your composition. They're clean and forward looking. The gradient frame around your content is an interesting idea and one I hope to see you pursue in your live design.

I'm not sure I care for the orange as an accent color. I don't think it works well with TMCC's green. I'd recommend either a darker green or a black. Your buttons also need padding. Right now, they're tight to your words and look cramped. That stands out because your margins and paddings are otherwise quite good. I'd recommend enlarging your imagery as well.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kevin_ksk

Post by kevin_ksk »

Hey Quinn,

I like your green design a bit better. I would try different colors and not combine green and brown. Use more white. The way you lay out everything looks good and the gradient is creative but I don't like the colors for it.

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Quinn,

I like the green design better, however the green is a little to vibrant for me. The tmcc website lists what pantone color it is, try a color scheme with that green. Other than that, Im excited to see the website.
- Mars Sink

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Quinn! I really like what you did with your design! I think the fade on the TMCC logo looks really good. I really like the colors they you have gone with, I would maybe try seeing how it looks using either the green or orange in a smaller amount. Really nice job!