PROJECT 4 prelim :D

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.

which one you likey?!?!?!?! :D

Idea 1
86%
Idea 2
14%

Total votes: 14

kaiyote03

PROJECT 4 prelim :D

Post by kaiyote03 »

Hey team, I currently have the clickiest keyboard known to man in TMCC right now, but here are my designs.

Idea 1:
Computer_landing1-01.png
computer_interior1-01.png
computer_interior1-02.png
computer_interior1-03.png
Now those are wicked, here is idea 2

Idea 2:
project04_2-01.png
project04_2-02.png
project04_2-03.png
project04_2-04.png
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

YoAdrian!

Re: PROJECT 4 prelim :D

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Kai!
These look great! Overall, I like the look of the 1st design better, but I like the navigation on the 2nd design. The banner photos is a nice element at the top of your design and I might use that idea to help mine out as well. The only thing I would work on so far is the thickness or boldness of some of your body text. It may be the typeface itself, but it looks a little too cartoony and fat to me :). Good work, and here's to making it to the finish line with all of this! Yay!
-Johnna Chism

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Kai!

Great concepts so far man. I like the first one a bit more, especially the mobile gallery page. My only feedback is to consider changing up the header font to something less.... wide? Decreasing the tracking a bit may help with that. Can't wait to check out your final!
Isaac M!

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Kai!
I really like both of your designs! I like the first one the best because of the green/black contrast. They both look very modern and clean. My only advice would be to make the body copy on all of them slightly smaller and in a less bold font. Good job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hi Kai

I like the layout of your first design. The designs look very clean and flow well. The only thing I would change is the fonts of the headlines like in “overview” they just seem a little out of place.

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Kai,

I personally prefer your first set of layouts, although you also have very good ideas on the other set of design. Overall I think your first set of designs are more legible and have a better sense of contrast. I would add a navigation bar on the first version of designs the way you did for your secondary designs. Keep it up!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Kai!
The first set is my favorite. I like how simple and clean it looks! I think it will look better if you add a navigation bar for the website version and add more space between "Overview" and the body copy. Maybe make the TMCC logo smaller too. Other than that, nice work! We're almost there! Can't wait to see your final work!
Hinata Sato

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Kai!

I really like your first layout, I'm digging the white/green combo. My only suggestion would be to bring the text size for the "galleries" page down a little, overall great job!
~*Jenna*

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Put me down for a vote for your Idea 1, Kai. It's bright and shiny.

The very first bit that caught me about Idea 1 was the title clipping off of the edges and bottom of your top bar on your mobile inner page. Such a neat design touch. Everything in the composition is very bright. I credit that to your great choice in photos and your white background. That photo is a nice overview of campus and provides a lot of bright colors to your design. Pretty good margins on your layout as well. Everything generally has room to breathe. Your hamburger navigation is easy to see and find. The layout is easy to scan through with my eyes. Just a nice clean layout.

I'd love to see if you could work some version of that clipped title from your mobile inner page to the rest of your pages. Maybe toss your hamburger to the left, center your TMCC logo and have your page title on the right bleeding out of the bottom and right edge of your header. I think your bodycopy would be better as a sans-serif. It'd go better with the rest of your design. Also, I think a little margin between your paragraphs would serve you nicely. Also, I'd recommend left aligning your type on your mobile versions.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Kai! I'm really liking how the first design is looking, like really really like it! I can't think of anything that I would change, I think this website is going to look awesome.