project 4 prelim yeah

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.

Which do you prefer?

Roughs 1a/1b?
92%
Roughs 2a/2b
8%

Total votes: 13

isaacm03

project 4 prelim yeah

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey everyone! My prelim work for Project 04 is attached. I had a lot of thumbnails to sort through, but I ended up narrowing it down to two sets. I think I prefer my first set, titled 1a & 1b. I think the home page with the overview overlapping the photo has good imagery, and I think the mobile designs won't be too difficult to sort out. I plan on starting to code the mobile version first, and then scaling up to a larger web layout. It should be fun! I want to include more moving elements of in my site, and perhaps a few hidden details that could serve as little easter eggs of sorts. I need to change up the banner/font I think to make the site look a bit more interesting, but I have a good basis to start out. :D

First Set
weblayout1a.jpg
weblayout1b.jpg
mobilelayout1a.jpg
mobilelayout1b.jpg

Second Set
weblayout2a.jpg
weblayout2b.jpg
mobilelayout2b.jpg
mobilelayout2a.jpg
Isaac M!

YoAdrian!

Re: project 4 prelim yeah

Post by YoAdrian! »

Isaac,
oh man, these are looking REALLY good! I'm super jealous of these ideas. I'm drawn more to your first design and love the duo-tone feel. As we're finding with this coding stuff, simpler is better! So go with which ever design you feel is cleaner. Maybe incorporate one more lighter color into your design, like a lighter/duller blue or maybe a faint warm color to highlight certain areas? Good work Isaac.
-Johnna Chism

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Issac!
I really like both designs, but I like the first one the most. The inclusion of the image on the homepage looks nice and I like the green/white contrast. My only advice would be to make the body font size smaller. Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Isaac,

Your first set of layouts are definitely the strongest in my opinion. I like the how the structure of the main page and the navigation bar looks organized. My only suggestion is making the TMCC logos on the mobile layouts slightly smaller as they seem a bit too distracting. Keep it up!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Isaac!
I love the first set of your design! The first set has your style and I love the duotone color images. You have a nice layout on both the website and mobile versions. Having a white line like you have on your very top design to the other layouts will be a good accent to the whole layout. I also love the line you added next to the paragraph. I think adding to your mobile versions will be nice too! Great work, we're almost there!
Hinata Sato

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hi Isaac!

These are both great designs and really well done! I like the first set of designs a little better because I think it is more to my taste in aesthetics. Its sleek and artsy while also being modern. Great work on the images as well!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Put my vote down for Rough 1, Isaac.

I like the way your greens and blues interact here. There's no clash between them and they make for a great contrast with your white background. I like the use of different blue photos between your home page and inner page. Great use of margins throughout your composition. Everything has room to breathe without fragmenting. I like the accent lines on the edges of your content paragraphs. Makes 'em look like quotes. Good type choices too. Sans-serif fonts are clean and forward looking, which is appropriate for your layout. Your navigation is easy to see and use and your content is easy to read. I like the marker in the navigation to tell you what page you're on. This whole layout is just so clean.

I'd recommend moving the TMCC logo slightly to the right on your mobile layout to give the hamburger menu room to breathe

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Isaac!

Great job on your designs, I like the simplicity of them! I'm leaning more towards the 1st set, I'd suggest making the TMCC logo a tad bit smaller on the mobile version. Overall, can't wait to see the final!
~*Jenna*

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Isaac! I really like how both of your designs turned out! I'm definitely leaning towards the first design because a am an image lover, and I think showing off the student art is such a good idea. For the student art page, I would probably try bolding up the students name and artwork title. Really nice job!!

kevin_ksk

Post by kevin_ksk »

Hey Issac,

I like your first design the best. Your header and menu bar look great. I like the text and elements on the page. There's something with that green color that I don't like and along with the desaturated photo. I don't think a school website needs black and white photos