p04 prelim :)

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.

Which should I do?

Orange Design
100%
Green Design
No votes

Total votes: 11

bmeyer

p04 prelim :)

Post by bmeyer »

Hi guys,
Here are my two rough designs for project 04. For the first one, I was trying to make it look modern and technical. For the second one, I wanted to use a green/purple color scheme because I think they work well together and green is also the TMCC color. I think the second one looks cute, but I'm leaning toward the first for a graphic design webpage. My main focus for both designs was to make sure that I could replicate it in Dreamweaver. I also wanted to try and make designs that were very different from the original site. Any Advice is appreciated!

Rough 01
grc175_p04_rough01-01.jpg
grc175_p04_rough01-02.jpg
grc175_p04_rough01_mobile-01.jpg
grc175_p04_rough01_mobile-02.jpg
Rough 02
grc175_p04_rough02-01.jpg
grc175_p04_rough02-02.jpg
grc175_p04_rough02_mobile-01.jpg
grc175_p04_rough02_mobile-02.jpg
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

YoAdrian!

Re: p04 prelim :)

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Bella!
These are REALLY eye-catching a pretty. I'm totally enjoying both of these. Personally I love vibrant colors and jewel tones over pastels, so I'm kinda leaning towards the 1st design, especially with the BOLD borders...how cool is that look! So good! So ya...do the sunset design!! The only thing I might try would be to line up the bottom of your navigation with the bottom of your TMCC logo....just to try and see if you like it better. Good work!
-Johnna Chism

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Count me in for a vote on the first one, Bella. That's a strong design!

The strongest part of that design is that awesome sunset home page shot. Clearly a view from campus. Nice job advertising one of the little bennies of being up here. The second best part is that you took the orange from the sunset and used it as an accent color on your layout. And then you made sure the inner images had orange in them. Way to tie everything together! Great contrast too, in spite of the darker orange. I think having the other colors be black and white and then you picked a single color helps with that. I like your non-standard title and headline font too. It's very different from the usual Helvetica educational websites use, but still easy to ready. That top bar makes for a hard frame for your content as well. It also makes your navigation easy to see and use. Great margin throughout, as well. Everything has room to breathe.

The only real issue is the bodycopy. It would look so much better as a thinner more narrow bodycopy. As it is, it's too wide and heaver, and clashes with the rest of your layout.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Bella!

Wow! These are really impressive. I think I am leaning towards the first design more. The colors work really well together and that background image is just great. I love the GAMT font you have upfront and center. I like you chose not to reduce the image size in the mobile layout, that was a good call for this specific image. My only feedback is to change the nav menu in the mobile format to a menu! Great work!
Isaac M!

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hey Bella,

I am really enjoying your orange design. I think it flows better than the green design and is easier on the eyes. I enjoyed the photos you used as well. If I could recommend anything, it might be to change the font for “graphic arts and media technology” so it isn’t the same as the head. Great work!

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Bella,

I would personally go for the orange and black set of layouts as they have the best sense of contrast and it's overall more clean and aesthetically pleasing. I really like how sophisticated and streamline the designs look in the desktop version. I suggest changing the font for the headline of the website to be bigger and a sans-serif typeface. Keep it up!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Bella!
The first set is definitely my favorite! I love the image in the back and the color scheme you have. Nice contrast and choice of font style! My suggestion will be to use a hamburger menu for the mobile version, I think the one you have right now is a little crowded. I love your inner page, it looks professional and have a nice margin. Great work!
Hinata Sato

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Bella!

Your designs look awesome, the first one's background really caught my eye! Therefore, I'm going to have to go with that one as I really like the color scheme you got going on too. One suggestion would be to make a little hamburger for your nav on your mobile design, it'll free up some space on your header. Overall awesome job!
~*Jenna*

kevin_ksk

Post by kevin_ksk »

Hey Bella,

Your first design looks great! I like the elements you use to highlight the text. Your font choices are great. Your layout is great. The photos you chose are really cool. Very professional. Try a hamburger design for mobile.

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hey Bella,

Nice designs! I really like the first one! I love the color theme that ties into the image and the GAMT graphic is great! I love the fancy subhead fonts but.. maybe a different one would be a little easier to read? Overall great job!