project three

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Erikatsukamoto

project three

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hello, I finally finished this assignment. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever done. My website looks fine, this took absolutely forever for me to figure out how to make everything work, and when I finally think I get it something else goes wrong. ANYWAYS... here is my link that is finally working. Only shed a few tears

isaacm03

Re: project three

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Erika!

You did great! The font color works well with the background, and the subtle drop shadow on the site name is a nice touch. My only feedback is to play around with margins a bit more, as some of your text goes to the edge of the container. Also, a couple of type styles could help break up the walls of text into something that has a bit more hierarchy. Great work!
Isaac M!

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Erika!
I FEEL YOUR PAIN! But your site came out nicely! I like the colors your went with and the drop shadow on your title text helps it stand out. The only thing I would do is maybe enter a "no repeat" on your background so that we just see your background image once when the browser is bigger. Good work!
-Johnna Chism

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

This one's looking pretty darn good there, Erika.

I especially like the large campus photo that kicks off the home page. It does a good job of establishing where we are and welcomes you to come in and see what's inside. A building as inviting mystery box as it were. Nice use of Yale's font. I like the use of the light tan/warm white rather than a stark white to create contrast. It works well with the Yale brand dark blue. I also like how your header functions as a framing element to the campus picture and content. It also makes your navigation easy to see and use. It's pretty liquid so it displays okay right down to mobile resolutions.

Your dark type containers all needed padding. Right now they end at the edge of the type and it looks a bit crowded. Also, I'm not a fan of the centered bodycopy. It feels a little broken up. I think the thing needs more pics of art as well. Show us what those students are up to.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi erika!

Your work here is great, the website is clean, functional and I like the images. I agree with Michael, your text could use some padding. Otherwise, great job!
- Mars Sink

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Erika,

Your final website turned out great! The colors are very aesthetically pleasing and the font you used throughout the site is very fitting. My only suggestion is spacing your options evenly on the navigation bar so they look more organized. I would also make the header in the home page bigger so you can have a better sense of hierarchy. Great job!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Erika,
I think your website came out really nicely! I like the colors you chose and the way you used the image as the background. The only things I would change is the spacing of the links at the top of your home page and the boxes you used to place your type on other pages, maybe instead of a black box you use a dark blue like the rest of your website to tie it in together more. Great job!

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Erika,
I super feel that everything going wrong thing, it took me forever and a day to find out how to get my website even kinda functional lol. I love the picture you chose on the homepage, I just wish you would have changed it/ took down the opacity a bit on the inner pages, the type is a bit hard to read over the photo. Overall good job not giving up you made a solid website! good job!
~ keaton beatty

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Erika!
Nice work on your website! I feel you... It was frustrating for me too. But I think you did great! I like the image you chose! You have nice content and I wish there were two or three more different images though. At least you're done with this project! One more project left!!
Hinata Sato

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hello Erika,
I really like how you added an element from the original website and did your own twist it on it! I think your design is legible and the minimal layout makes everything easy to navigate! Something that I think would help your website would maybe add some padding to your body text so that it look more legible! Other than that, great work and cant' wait to see the rest of your projects! :D

Kelsey Bautista