Project 03 FINAL!!!! late sorry

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Hinata_Sato

Project 03 FINAL!!!! late sorry

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi everybody this is my project 03!

This project was pretty stressful for me... but I'm glad it worked out and turned out pretty good than I imagined.
There're a few things I couldn't do for this so hopefully, I can do better on the next project.

I hope this link works...
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

From my website
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2023/hinata-sato

Here is the original website
https://www.carsoncitychamber.com/

I think I did a good job making it better.
Hinata Sato

isaacm03

Re: Project 03 FINAL!!!! late sorry

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Hinata!

You did so well! I love the home page layout, colors, and imagery. It feels very professional and I think the blue sells this as a government site. I love how you can see more of the background image as you scroll down in your community profile page, that is a really cool effect. Your use of text styles is clearly thought out and works well to establish a strong hierarchy. My only feedback is to consider decreasing the kerning in "Carson City" in the upper left of the pages. I think you were trying to make the logo look more squarish, but the type is just a bit too wide. Just a small nitpick though, I love everything else you did great. :D
Isaac M!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! You've got yourself a super professional looking website here, Hinata.

I love the header images on your home page and each of your inner pages. They show off Carson City as well as illustrate things you can see or do while you are there. Your accent pics help with that as well. Nice font choice. It's very clean and easy to read. Your navigation is easy to see and use as well. Those dropdowns are working quite nicely. This whole layout is super clean with good contrast. I like that you chose a simple, high contrast color palette and then let your images provide the color. And you've even got a favicon working! That really adds a nice little touch of professionalism.

Your inner page header images are distorting at large and small resolutions. The whole thing breaks down a bit at mobile resolutions. Your "Who We Are" paragraph on the home page didn't need all those hard returns. It makes it look choppy at some resolutions.

Excellent work!

P.S. Of course you worked a Chick-fil-a in there.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

OH MY GOSH! This looks SOOO good....teach me your ways!! I'm completely impressed with how professional the layout looks. And the scroll on the background image?? COME ON! So good! If you were to keep working on this, I'd maybe add some more padding on the "Resources" inside the blue boxes on the left margin. But seriously, good work.
-Johnna Chism

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Hinata!

This is so different than anything you've ever designed, it is so clean, precise and professional! I love it, your links and layouts are fantastic. You have really outdone yourself.
- Mars Sink

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Hinata,

Your final website design came out phenomenally! It really looks like you put a lot of effort into building the site. I really like how sophisticated the layouts look for each page. Great work!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Hinata,
Your website came out very nicely! The layout and the style looks very well made and all your pages work perfectly together. The only issue I see is that on some pages there's an empty space on the right when you scroll over. Other than that you did a great job!

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Hinata,
You did an awesome job re-designing the original website! Everything is clean and it looks so professional! Great job! Something that I think would help with your website would possibly add more padding and margin for your inner pages! Other than that, good job! Can't wait to see the rest of your projects! :D

Kelsey Bautista

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hey Hinata,

Your website looks amazing!! Your design, layout, and fonts are so impressive! Great job!

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Hinata, nice work. This is a very professional looking site. It looks very nice. The responsiveness in this site is good. Good job.
- Nick Martinez 8-)