Project-3 (Late)

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
lil_cactux

Project-3 (Late)

Post by lil_cactux »

Yo! So this is Pacific X-rays current website http://www.pnwx.com

And this is my version https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... r-livorea/

I hate the images lol so if I had more time I would edit search for new photos and edit them to be thumbnails. I just used the images that were already on the website for the products because I was already out of time. The products all link to their appropriate pages. I confined the large image to just the header in the inner pages which was different than my original design. It is hooked up to my student page if ya have any trouble with the link.

*sigh* Sorry for the lateness, thanks for any feedback.

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project-3 (Late)

Post by Instructor »

This came out quite nicely, Liv.

You've got yourself such a clean design here. I like the colorscheme you've chosen. That dark blue background and lighter medium blue font work well together. Speaking of your font, nice job feeding in a custom font as well. I like your colorful pattern image on your homepage. Nice job bringing it in on your inner pages to tie 'em to the home page. You navigation is easy to see and use. Great use of lines and margin throughout. It's pretty decently responsive, too. And I love that "search bar". ;)

I think the product container could have used a "max-width" property. It stretches quite wide indeed at higher resolutions. Probably worth vertical stacking the products at mobile resolutions. I think your inner page navigation buttons could have used to be a little larger.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Liv!

Nice job on your site! I was excited to see the final after seeing how cool your prelim work was. I love the background image present on all the pages, and the Kermit gif elevates the whole project to the next level. Your site seems to be pretty responsive which is great! My only feedback is to make the buttons properly aligned on your pages, as they are shifting between pages. You did great!
Isaac M!

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Liv!
I like the futuristic feel of your site, it definitely draws me in! My favorite link is the random vortex of the spinning Kemit that leads you to a black hole (intentional or not, it was fun!). I'm jealous of your site's responsiveness and I'm going to have to steal some of your ideas for the future. I really don't have any improvements...maybe adding the fun graphic to the footer to try and anchor the site a little? Might be worth a try. Good work!
-Johnna Chism

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Liv,

To be honest, i did not think your original website was savable cause who ever created the original website is not sane but you really pulled it off. The colors are great, the design is really clean and super cool. Your html is well organized! Great job dude :)
- Mars Sink

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Liv,

I really like how streamline and minimalist your final website design turned out. It's miles better than the original. My only suggestion is making the options for your navigation slightly bigger and removing the outline from each of them. Great job!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Liv,
I love the simplicity of your website, and I say simple as in layout the background image adds plenty of edge on its own! If anything I would say maybe add some other elements to your inner pages to make them stand out more. I am super jealous of how you got your images to be so perfectly aligned though, I was having trouble with that.
Good Job!
~ keaton beatty

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Liv,
I think you did a really neat job for the style of your redesign! It came out so cool and the colors and layout of everything looks so much nicer! The only thing I would change is probably the font inside the buttons, they feel kind of out of place. Overall, I love your design!

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hey Liv,
I think your website definitely gives your viewers the cyber feel and I think thats awesome! I love the color palette, fonts, and images you chose for your website! Something that I think would help with your website would be to possibly playing with the sizes of your images, I think that although they're noticeable; making them bigger might help create balance with the text. Other than that, great job! Can't wait to see the rest of your projects! :D

Kelsey Bautista

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Liv!
Great work on your website! It looks way better than the original website. You made it responsive too and I think you did a good job using the space! My only critique will be the space between the navigation. The space changes on each inner page. But other than that, it looks great! Great job!
Hinata Sato