Project 03-Late Im sorry

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Mars_Sink

Project 03-Late Im sorry

Post by Mars_Sink »

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

I have finally fixed it and omg the solution was incredibly stupid.

Essentially; every time I tried to upload my site it was going through my computer and through OneDrive which is the default for Windows 11. I did not know this. It was screwing everything up and making me feel dumb. BUT I have a website now. This thing has been designed forever, but my computer genuinely hated me. So I deeply apologize, but please enjoy.
- Mars Sink

isaacm03

Re: Project 03-Late Im sorry

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Mars!

You did it! Figuring this out was a true mission, I'm so glad it turned out well. The background is really cool, and I think your use of color is impressive. There are a lot of bright colors here, but it never feels too harsh on the eyes. That's really impressive. My only feedback is to consider changing the font from the default, I think your header font is really cool and I am wondering if you could find something that has that feel for body copy.

Great work!
Isaac M!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Awesome! You did it, Mars. I'm glad to hear you figured out what was wrong.

You've done a pretty darn good job realizing your vision here. It looks like a Zelda map, which goes well with the content. I love the colors of it too. They work well with each other to create and old tapestry effect. I would expect this website to be hanging on the wall of the castle of the lord who's giving the party a "simple" quest (that will invariably go haywire). Your serif type is entirely appropriate here and I like the odd, pseudo-hieroglyphic header type you used. You went in an interesting direction with the icon based navigation is your class pages as well. Everything is easy to read and presents the information well.

One catch with icon based navigations is they can be a little opaque to use. It's always best to have some form of text spelling out what each button does lest you be struck with "mystery meat navigation". The left and right margin on your inner pages is a little tight.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Mars!
I think the website looks really good! You did a good job with the colors and the style of the site, all your pages look great! The only thing I would be careful about is the placement of the buttons, I'm able to press them from below the actual shape of the button, so I would check the coding for that. Overall nice work!

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Mars,
I love this! it's very cool and you can tell you put a lot of work into the stylization of the icons. I would say for me anyways it was a bit on the harder side to navigate and took a couple of minutes to figure it out but once I did it all ran smoothly! Its cool how you made it look like a digital map, a very cool concept for a website!
~ keaton beatty

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Mars!
Great work on your website! I love how you added the arrow navigation for the inner pages and icons you have for eas inner page. It looks cute and easy to navigate! I'm so glad you figured it out to fix it! Great job!
Hinata Sato

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Mars,
Awesome website so far! I think the colors are great and definitely give off a "gamer" feel to it! Something that I think would maybe help with your website would maybe consider adding text for your navigation buttons, I think it'll help your viewers get a better idea of where to go! Other than that, great job! Looking forward to the rest of your websites! :D

Kelsey Bautista

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hey Mars,

This website looks great! I love your design elements and color choices. The nav was a little hard to understand, the icons look great, I just don't play so I wasn't sure what each one meant. Great job overall!

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Mars, good work. Your layout looks really cool. I think everything is working quite nicely. The colors and fonts are good. Nice work.
- Nick Martinez 8-)