Final Upload Project Three KB

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
keatonbeatty

Final Upload Project Three KB

Post by keatonbeatty »

http://www.palelko.com/
This is the link to the original website that I redesigned, sorry it's a bit late I was trying to upload it to the website's server and got kind of confused. Anyways I really tried to focus on simplicity in this design, I wanted it to be accessible for people of all age groups which I think I did pretty well at doing.
I hope you all like it, and it opens correctly lol
file:///Users/keatonbeatty/Desktop/GRC175_web/route_p3_kb/index.html

[url]file:///Users/keatonbeatty/Desktop/GRC175_web/route_p3_kb/index.html/url]

I cant figure out the linking, but if you copy and paste the link it should work, thanks!

Edit: Michael here. The link you are looking for to find Keaton's Project three is here:
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... kb_zipped/
~ keaton beatty

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Final Upload Project Three KB

Post by Instructor »

Ah, these pages came out pretty darn good, Keaton.

Nice selection of background images for your home and inner pages. They add great visual texture and start the process of explaining what's going on here. Good color selection too. The colors are very police-y, which fits the theme of the website. Your header bar is eye catching and does a good job of feeding users to your navigation. I like the way your logo breaks out of the header. That adds a nice little touch of visual interest. Your navigation is easy to see and generally easy to use. Your clean type works well with your established design, too. A nice, clean design that is picked up by a few fun visual tricks and a great set of background images.

You're missing either white type or a lighter background behind your type on your homepage. It's difficult to read without highlighting it. I would have liked to see more pictures on the inner pages to illustrate what they're about. Also, the inner pages don't seem to have a way to navigate back to the homepage. I had to do it manually.

Not bad at all!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hi Keaton,

Nice design work! The background images are a nice choice for your site. There was a problem with getting back to the homepage but that is an easy fix. Well done (:

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Keaton!

I'm a fan of your site! The colors work well, and your navigation banner is very professional. My only feedback is to change your nav button type to a heavier style and to increase type contrast in certain areas, especially on the side pages.

Great work!
Isaac M!

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Keaton!

Great job on your redesign, I'm a huge fan of your layout! It's clean and easy to navigate, the only thing is your body copy on the homepage is hard to read as it blends into the dark background. Maybe play around with similar colors in your site? Overall, it looks great!
~*Jenna*

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Keaton!
This looks really great, I love the blue basketball background, and the "simplicity" as you say works REALLy well! The only thing I'd try to improve on in the future is to force your images to be a certain apect ratio so they don't get squished. Nice Job!!
-Johnna Chism

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Keaton,

Great coding work! The website looks pretty good, though the black text tends to fade into the background. Otherwise I really enjoyed the site and seeing the massive improvement.
- Mars Sink

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Keaton!
The websites came out really well! The layout is really interesting and your other pages are well constructed!
The one thing I would look out for is your fonts for your subheads and certain colors for some of them are off when put against the background color, might want to choose a color that looks better against the colors you choose. Nice job!

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Keaton!
Your website looks great! I love the image you chose for the home page. I can't read the body copy since it's black, but I like the colors you used for your website. I think it matches the theme! Nice work!
Hinata Sato

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Keaton,
I definitely think you did a good job on your website! The design is clean and everything is easy to navigate and legible! Something that I think would help your website would be to add some fun fonts in there! Other than that, great job! Can't wait to see the rest of your projects! :D

Kelsey Bautista