Project 03 Final!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
isaacm03

Project 03 Final!

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey everyone!

Project 03 is done! The unbearable stress still weighs on my shoulders.

You can check it out here: https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html
and here (from my student page): https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... -martinez/

Sadly, it is not fully where I want it to be, especially in terms of responsive design. I did play around a lot with scripts, however, and that was really fun! I feel a lot more confident in my web design skills now, I found a lot of similarities in the process to print design and even animation at times. The constant back and forth to check changes is all part of the fun, across all types of design!

I'm really hoping all my fonts work correctly. On my screen, some of my margins look off, especially in my hamburger menu, but that is web design for ya! It looked good before. I hope I can get around to fixing these up as time goes on (if it isn't just my viewer being a pain)

Here is the OG terrible site if you want to compare: https://www.theworldsworstwebsiteever.com/ it is so incredibly bad that the bar to make things look better is halfway into the floor.

Thank you for checking it out :) best viewed in 1920x1080! Edit: Firefox displays appropriately (with proper margins! small win.)
Isaac M!

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 03 Final!

Post by Instructor »

Heh! You've certainly made it better than "the worst website in the world", Isaac. You've made a clean design that is attractive and easy to read. Your dark blue and white colorscheme makes for an attractive combination that has good contrast. I also like your image choices. They work well with your design and go with the vaguely unhinged quality this whole website has. Nice choice of the sans-serif type also. It reinforces the clean nature of your layout and is easy to read. I'm not seeing the margin issues you talk about at least until I crunch it waaaaay down in the browser. Everything seems to have room to breathe and I'm not seeing any weird impacts. It's even decently responsive.

I'm not sure that I like your hamburger placed right next to your logo in the header like that. I think it would have looked better on one side of your header or the other. I think it might have been better to have your image snap above or below your type at a certain responsive resolution rather than shrinking down to micro size.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hey Issac!

Nice job!! I love how the images are a slideshow! And the hamburger menu is totally functional! Nice job (:

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Isaac!

Great job on redesigning that site, what a drastic difference! I was pleasantly surprised when the color palettes started switching, my favorite part hands down. I'd play around with placing your navigation, it feels really close to the title. Overall, great job!
~*Jenna*

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hey Isaac!
This looks great! I had no idea that the original site was even about this stuff! Good work trying to make sense of it all :). I agree with the navigation hamburger button location. I thought it was a part of the title font design at first, and had to read through people's comments to figure it out. But it's all good, once I saw the drop-down I could easily move around and all your pages linked well! Nice job!
-Johnna Chism

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Isaac,
I like your website, but i think it lost the charm of being truthfully awful. Did we fly too close to the sun? Was the original website better? Who's to say? Otherwise its a nice clean design, you did great at always.
- Mars Sink

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Isaac,
I think your website came out pretty well! The layout for both layouts came out really well, I would probably find a way to fill up the background of the pages since the white feels a bit empty. Overall, great work!

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Isaac,
I love the parts of your website that are finished! I like the simple color scheme you chose and how it compliments the content of the website as well, I feel like you have a good thing going, I don't really have anything to say in the ways of critiques so good job!
~ keaton beatty

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Isaac!
I love how your redesigned website turned out!! I like how you added the hamburger menu on the header. You have a clean and professional look on every page and I like how you kept the color simple. It's really cool that the colors change on the color schemes page! Great work!
Hinata Sato

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Isaac,
I think your layout for your website is legible and clean! It was very easy to navigate and the font you chose helps the clean look! Something that I think would help with your website would be to add some elements that you feel like would make your viewers feel like its the "worst" website ever. That might be a challenge but I think you can do it! Great work so far and looking forward to the rest of your projects! :D

Kelsey Bautista