PROJECT 3 FINALE ( ̄o ̄) . z Z

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
kaiyote03

PROJECT 3 FINALE ( ̄o ̄) . z Z

Post by kaiyote03 »

Hey team, Kai here once again. My website once again is put together with glue and scotch tape, BUT its functional.
It looks fine on Chromium browsers at 1920x1080 displays, some fonts couldn't be uploaded since they were Microsoft Japanese TTC style fonts so they may or may not work? who knows.

IF you want to see the original poopy site here ya go! : http://www.fujikensetsu-j.co.jp/index.html
^^^Yuck! what a disgusting site!

Now here is my epic site: https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

tried to keep the content 50/50 about what Fujiken is about and what works/jobs they've done.
Thanks for checking it out! (⓿_⓿)
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

isaacm03

Re: PROJECT 3 FINALE ( ̄o ̄) . z Z

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Kai!
Great work on the site dude. You have some strong image choices and I think they work well balancing out information on your site, especially on the main page. I had to open the project in Firefox to get it looking right, so my comments might be based on a different site appearance than you might see. My only advice to you is to push "Fuji Construction Co. " down a bit, as it is hitting the logo of the site. Also, adding navigation from one page to every other page might help out the user experience, so viewers don't have to keep going to the home page. Good stuff regardless, you did excellent!
Isaac M!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Looks like your build came out pretty decently, Kai.

Fascinating that you built it on a hub and spoke system. I rarely see those. It works for this one though. The color scheme is simple and clean, clearly meant to work well with that full-page photo homepage. Speaking of that homepage, the photo does a good job of establishing their construction bonafides. Plus it adds visual interest and detail. The photos on the inner pages are nicely illustrative of what the company does, too. Your website's pretty easy to navigate in spite of the language barrier (thanks for translating the Home link on the inner pages. My kanji is bad). Nice use of semi-transparency on the home page. That does a good job of adding visual texture. Just a very clean layout overall.

It's not the most responsive site in the world, though it does have some responsiveness. Your right margins on your inner page left menus and logo on all pages are pretty darn tight (nonexistent in some browsers). I would have liked to have seen a rollover on your top navigation on your home page to make it a little more obvious to non Japanese speakers that those are buttons.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hey Kai!

Nice job on your site! I like the simplicity and professional color palate. The images look nice as well. I would maybe add a color during hover for your links but that's about it! Well done (:

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Kai!

Great job on your redesign, your color scheme and layout looks great! Only suggestion would be to add more space between the logo and the "Fuji Construction..." as they are beginning to morph together. Overall, nice job!
~*Jenna*

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Kai,
Looking good! Your site looked pretty good in Chrome too, and Chrome's translation worked for me so that was fun. Your colors are easy on the eyes for sure and all your links worked which is great! It may have been worth a try to put a boarder or design element around some of your photos, like a drop shadow or something to try and "pin" them down to the page a little more (kinda like a rug that ties the room together :D ) . Nice job Kai.
-Johnna Chism

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Kai,

This is a vast improvement for a website that will never get used, you did really well as always, and your html code is very clean and organized. I also love the simple colors you chose and the layout style. I can only read one word on your entire site, but I trust that it is all spelt correctly.
- Mars Sink

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Kai,
I love the airy colors you used for this website, it makes the construction company seem like they care about safe environmental things as well as just an overall nice construction company for hire. It would be cool though if you made the top navigation buttons a bit bolder so that they stood out more against the other type. Overall it was a good site and I think you did a good job!
~ keaton beatty

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Kai,
I think you made the website look wayyyy better than the original one. The original one gives me showa vibes...lol I love the professional look and how you used the images and the boxes in the background for the inner pages. I like the new logo you recreated too, it looks much better with the shapes next to it and English on the bottom. Great work!!
Hinata Sato

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hey Kai,
Great website so far! I think that the color scheme is great and the graphics you chose were awesome! I also think that it was cool that you had a translation option for the pages! Something that I think you can work on is possibly the margins for your photos, I think that would help your pages breath a bit! Other than that, great job! Looking forward to more of your projects! :D

Kelsey Bautista