Project03 Final!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
qcottel

Project03 Final!

Post by qcottel »

Hey Yall!

I hope you guys like my website! It's sadly not fully operational, but it does look cool! You can use the Gallery link but you wont find much there. I think my design looks better then the original, but then again the original works better then mine, small victories I guess....

anyway, here it is!
https://grc175/student/spring-2023/quin ... index.html

Here is the original site:
https://www.art.yale.edu/

also linking the original file here, just in case

Edit: Hey Quinn, this is Michael. It looks like there was a slight issue with your link. Here's one that works:
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... ot_folder/
Attachments
project03_root_folder.zip
(4.01 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
Quinn Cottel TMCC Student
quinn.cottel@gmail.com

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project03 Final!

Post by Instructor »

There was a slight issue with the link. Here's one that works:
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... ot_folder/

This is a very professional looking homepage you have here, Quinn. It's absolutely what I'd expect from a college art program website. You've got great branding throughout. I like your multiple uses of transparency in your header and top bar. Good work with the faded campus image in your top bar. You've got multiple types of easy to see navigation, including a nice little call to action button. You went with minimal colors to let your images provide the colors for the website. Good margins throughout, too. It's even pretty darn responsive too.

It's a real pity it only seems to be only two pages. The project called for five. What I meant when I said "functionally you're making too pages", what I meant was that you would design an inner page and then duplicate it with new content within. Also, it looks like your gallery page's images are broken.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hey Quinn,

Nice job on the layout! It looks super professional. It was cool how the images responded to hover, tho I couldn't see them. Nice job (:

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Quinn!

Super clean website you have here. Your use of color is really impressive. While keeping colors down to a minimum, there is still tons of contrast that isn't too harsh and provides a nice viewing experience. I definitely think you did better than the OG website! The subtle change in button transparency when you hover over them is a nice touch. My only feedback is to consider making the SOA stroke thicker, so it stands out a bit more on the dark banner it sits on.

Great work!
Isaac M!

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Quinn!

Wow! Your site looks very professional, I really like how the tabs change color when you hover over them. Only thing is I wish I could see the gallery :( Overall, great job!
~*Jenna*

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Quinn,
I was impressed by the professional looking landing page as well! Unfortunately I couldn't get any of your links to work for me except the "gallery" button. I can definitely see where you were headed with your layout and design and you made some really great choices there. If I were to improve anything, I might have made the overlay on the main banner photo a little lighter/brighter, but I really enjoy your square photos and links below them. They line up nicely.
-Johnna Chism

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Quinn,

I love your website, very professional, clean and well organized. Unfortunately some of the links aren't working, but i'm sure thats an easy fix. Otherwise, great job on this!
- Mars Sink

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Quinn!
Your website looks amazing! You did a wonderful job putting it together, and everything came out beautifully. The one thing I would look out for is your image gallery which doesn't show the images on my end. Overall great job!

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Quinn,

A very professional-looking home page! Margins are good, type is good, and pictures are good lol, just wish I could have seen more of the cool style you had going on throughout more pages. I love the color scheme, it screams prestigious college. Nice Job!
~ keaton beatty

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Quinn!
You made the website way better than the original one!! I like how professional it looks and the original logo on the top left corner! The navigation is easy to use and see! Great job! Too bad that your images arent working though... Nice work!
Hinata Sato