Project 03 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
yasmin_bean

Project 03 Final

Post by yasmin_bean »

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... _home.html

Unfortunately I didn't give myself enough time to work on this so it's basically empty but at least everything works.

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 03 Final

Post by Instructor »

You've got the bones of a good little website here, Yasmin. It's got good colors that seem to track with Yale's branding and the font is spot on to what Yale prefers to use. Your navigation is easy to see and use and everything seems to be in place and ready to go. Your margins are good and all the bits and pieces are there. But ...

I do concur with your self-criticism that feels that this website was underbaked. It feels like there could have been much more here. It's got all the skeleton of a good little website, but what it's really missing are pictures. A website about a school of art should have pictures everywhere and, unfortunately, this one doesn't. It makes it look barren.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hi Yasmin,

I like the nice thick border at the top and your buttons style! There was some trouble when I clicked the about page. I hear ya on the time management...mine could definitely use work lol! Nice job (:

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Yasmin!

I like what you have going so far! I like the professional feeling your type choice gives off, and I think your hierarchy is pretty good too! Your navigation is strong, and I like the added detail of the "Y" taking the user back home. Some pictures would really help out your site, alongside some stronger contrast between the background color and type, especially with the gray banner.

Good job!
Isaac M!

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Yasmin!

Great job so far, you have a nice structure! I like where you are going with it so far, I think you could add some pictures/works to the homepage so it showcases it's an arts program. Overall, great job so far!
~*Jenna*

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Yasmin,
This looks really great! I definitely know how much time goes into making your site look like this and understand your wishes of wanting to do more. I really like how the "Y" acts as your home button. The "About" page has something funking going on with it, but all the other pages link well and look good. Nice work getting it done and uploaded!
-Johnna Chism

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Yasmin,

I enjoyed the website, very clean and easy to navigate. I don't really like how bright the colors are, it doesn't scream art school to me, and the bright cyan hurts my eyes a little with how potent it is. Otherwise it is a very clean design
- Mars Sink

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Yasmin,
I think what you got going here is really good so far! I understand not having too much time, I think we all had some trouble. Your "About Us" page doesn't seem load up properly but that's alright, I'm not sure what could've caused that. Keep up the good work!

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Yasmin,
I like how you kept the colors of the logo throughout your websites! I think you have a nice foundation for your website but you could add more elements to it. Nice work!
Hinata Sato

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Yasmin,
I think this is off to a really good start! the colors look good together and the black type is working well too!
~ keaton beatty