Proj3 Final - Reno Buggie Barn

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
YoAdrian!

Proj3 Final - Reno Buggie Barn

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hello,
Below is my link to Proj3 as well as the original Reno Buggie Barn website for reference. I used mainly flex boxes to attempt to make the site a little more responsive than my Proj2, but I still ran into issues. The design isn't exactly what I would like, but when you spend hours trying to make something go right 50px and it just won't budge, you kinda throw your hand up in the air to the coding gods. I think this is an improvement to the original Reno Buggie Barn site, but I had to steal random photos of cool VW's for the lightbox feature on the Photos page. I stuck with the company's main colors and logo that they have on their original site and tried to make their site cohesive with that color scheme. This site is definitely a "prototype," but I learned lots. I'm still really excited that I got the favicon to work...it's the little things man. Anyways, thanks for looking.

Proj 3 Final - Reno Buggie Barn
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

Original "Bad" Website - Reno Buggie Barn Site
http://renobuggiebarn.com/index.html

Proj2 Link to see the fun amazingness of linking Proj 2 to Proj 3 (both with the button & the dropdown menu...whoo hooo)
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... nna-chism/
-Johnna Chism

isaacm03

Re: Proj3 Final - Reno Buggie Barn

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey there Johnna!

I feel your frustration! I think your website came out great! The home page is so cool, and the layout catches the eye incredibly well. You made so many improvements that really enhance the overall experience on the site. If I didn't have the context of this project and stumbled across this online, I would think it is legit. The favicon and the lightbox set really takes this project to the next level. I don't have any real feedback, only nitpicks. For example, I think your body elements on the pages could be raised a little bit, so users don't have to scroll down to see contact info and the address. Maybe this is a browser thing, as I had to open your site in Firefox to properly view it. (which seems to be the case with everyone!) Nice job on this! You are getting better and better with each project. :D
Isaac M!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You should be excited about that favicon, Johnna. It's pretty nifty. It adds that little extra touch of professionalism to your design.

The whole thing came out really nicely and is a definite improvement over the original. My favorite bit is the cartoon logo. That thing is so awesome. I also like how you used your header, footer, navigation, and gradient background as unifying element from page to page. That footer top border in particular makes for a great terminus point. Your content is cleanly applied from page to page and easy to read. I was a doubter originally on the sans-serif type, but it's working pretty darn well throughout. Nice lightbox on the photo gallery, too.

Something is sitting on top of your navigation buttons on your inner pages. I seem to only be able to engage them by going up to the top on them. They work fine on your home page and gallery, but not the others. I think some of your inner pages could have used a few extra photographs.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Johanna!

Awesome job on your redesign, I love the logo being the first thing your eyes see when you open the link and the gradient background works so well! Only thing is there seems to be no way to get back to the homepage once you venture to the other pages. Overall, awesome job!
~*Jenna*

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Johnna,

I love your design, it is a vast improvement from the original website. My only critique is I wish the website was responsive to size change, but that is really a tiny critique and the only thing I can find to critique. You have done really well and your coding is really clean.
- Mars Sink

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hey Johnna,
I love the style of your website, all the pages tie everything together very well and its very easy to navigate!
The only thing I would look out for is the contact page which doesn't seem to fit on my end, although I'm not entirely sure if that's due to the different computers since I have a windows laptop. Overall good job!

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Johnna,
I love the colors you chose for your website, and it looks like it's working correctly so good job! It was cool to learn about Reno Buggie Barn since I've never heard of it before. Your website is easy to navigate which makes it super user-friendly which is a good thing, if anything the margins on your titles could be a bit smaller, overall good job!
~ keaton beatty

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Johnna!
You definitely made the website wayy better than the original! I love the home page with the car graphic and the name of the store. I like the drop shadow on the phone number too! It pops out and is easy to see. You have a clean look for the navigation and the gradient on the back is really cool. Cute favicon too! Great job!
Hinata Sato

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hello Johnna,
Awesome job with the website! You might not like it but I think everything looks great, its clean and really easy to navigate. Other than the margin problems with your photo, under your contact inner page, your website is good to go! Even though you just started coding, you're doing great so don't stress! Hope that helps and looking forward to the rest of your websites! :D

Kelsey Bautisa

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

This is so good Johnna! It has such character and great consistency. I love your illustrations. Super solid work!