P03 Final:))

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
bmeyer

P03 Final:))

Post by bmeyer »

Hi guys, here's the link to my project 3 https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

This is the og website https://www.torontocupcake.com/index.html

I made the home, about, f.a.q, events, and occasions pages. I wish I gave myself a bit more time to style it and add some more details. However, I'm still very happy to have made a functioning 5-page website. Any advice is always appreciated!
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

isaacm03

Re: P03 Final:))

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Bella!
I'm a huge fan of your website! I love the home page and the cupcake illustration fills up the page nicely. My only feedback is to change your headline font/ headline font color! Currently, the black color feels very dark compared to your other colors. Great work regardless, all of your links work great!
Isaac M!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Damn it, Bella! Now I want a cupcake again!

The photos on this thing are so delicious and you use them so well. Great little accent pieces to demonstrate what this is all about. Never fails to make me want one. Great colors too. They're very evocative of a cupcake and how I'd expect the store to be decorated. Nice job with the custom fonts to add a little visual interest. Your navigation is easy to see and use and your dropdown menu is working well, too. Nice job with the non-obvious placement of your logo too. It works well in the lower left corner. It's large enough to be visually striking without taking away from the rest of the content. Everything is so clean on this layout. Good use of margin throughout.

The whole thing blows up a bit at mobile resolutions. Lots of things clipping over each other. I'm also not font of the characters next to your "Toronto Cupcakes" on the home page. They seem too blocky.

Well done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Bella!

Your redesign came out so good! It's very clean and easy to navigate, and all your inner pages look just as good as your home. Maybe just adjust the margins around the pink text box so it's not crossing paths with the cupcake decal, but overall amazing job!
~*Jenna*

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Bella,
Your cupcake site looks great! I really like the pink rollover on the top navigation. I maybe would have tried a different font for "Toronto Cupcakes" on the home page...maybe make it a little bigger without the dash characters at the start and stop of it? But overall this flows well and makes me hungry for cupcakes!
-Johnna Chism

Mars_Sink

Post by Mars_Sink »

Hi Bella,

This is so much better than the orginal website! you've outdone yourself. I really love your colors and layouts, its a really nice and clean design with alot of personality. Great job!
- Mars Sink

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Bella,

I really like the color palette that you've chosen for your redesign of Toronto Cupcakes. It's a lot more appealing and easy to navigate compared to the original. My only suggestion is modifying the padding between the options in your navigation bar. Great job!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Bella,
I think your website came out really well! I love the way you organized the imagery you used for each page, and the layouts are interesting to look at. The only thing I would change is probably adding something to the top left of the UI bar, its looking a bit empty, maybe a smaller version of the cupcake image? Great work!

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Bella,
I love your website and the colors you chose to promote the cupcake shop! The pictures you chose are super good and they add a whole lot to your design in the best way! If I had to say anything maybe tighten up your margins a bit, everything seems to be kinda far a part from one another. Overall amazing job!
~ keaton beatty

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Bella!
Your website looks great!! I love the illustration you have for your home page and the font you chose for the name of the place. I love the images you chose and the colors look really nice! Great job! One more project to go!!
Hinata Sato