Proj. 3_Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
megan_thompson2

Proj. 3_Prelim

Post by megan_thompson2 »

Hey everyone!

The website I chose to redesign was Craigslist. https://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

The landing page has so much that you have to scroll through. Through each country/region then by the city. I felt it was too much to be scrolling through and
it could be more simple, and have a better look to it. Drop down menus can help with having to scroll through things you don't need to. It's nice to see where
you want to go but also be able to see the other options.
I have x2 different landing page designs for web and mobile, and a design or where you will be taken to next.
Attachments
Craigslist_web3.png
Craigslist_iPhone(x3) 14 Pro Max – 1.png
Craigslist_web2.png
Craigslist_web1.png
Craigslist_iPhone(x2) 14 Pro Max – 2.png
Craigslist_iPhone(x1) 14 Pro Max – 1.png

Hinata_Sato

Re: Proj. 3_Prelim

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Megan,
Nice work on redesigning the website! The original website looks pretty crowded with a lot of information and I think you did a good job making it less crowded. you make it more simple and clean. My favorite is the second design since it had a nice headline and I like the colors of the background. Nice work!
Hinata Sato

kaiyote03

Post by kaiyote03 »

Hi Megan,

I am really enjoying the 1st design, it seems to show the information necessary for craigslist in a more readable manner compared to the original. I also think the information spread is a lot more readable compared to the globe idea. I really am liking the mobile design with the peace sign on it but I feel that you should use that Icon more in your other designs to show off the craigslist's brand.

Good stuff!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Megan!
I love the designs you have came up with. I think I prefer the one with the Earth at the forefront because it feels a bit more interesting to my eyes. My only advice is to play around with color a bit more to increase contrast. Great work!
Isaac M!

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Megan!
I love the designs you have came up with. I think I prefer the one with the Earth at the forefront because it feels a bit more interesting to my eyes. My only advice is to play around with color a bit more to increase contrast. Great work!
Isaac M!

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hey Megan,

I like your choice of website! Craigslist can be so dull to look at. I think your second design is stronger and would maybe consider adding more design elements as it looks like there is a bit of white blank background going on. Overall, great work!

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hey Megan,
I really like the globe UI you have with the location pin, its a really cool and unique idea for a site like Craigslist. Maybe adding a bit more color to make it not as bright and adding contrast would help it a bit more. Nice job!

nancyrey143

Post by nancyrey143 »

Hi Megan,
I love your ideas for Craigslist! I love the interface of the globe, it's really unique and I'd love to see it done :D The colors also go well with this and have a cleaner look than the original design >v< I'm looking forward to your final design, either way, both look significantly better than the original Craigslist.
:)