p3 prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
nancyrey143

p3 prelim

Post by nancyrey143 »

The website I chose was https://www.cloudninecomics.com/

Honestly, it was hard trying to find any comic websites that had a good design, I had to use Barnes&Noble and other bookstores for my research. I wanted to keep the orange that they decided to put on everything and tried my best to condense all of the information they had. They had a whole history timeline of the owner, like his whole life, including when he graduated and met his wife. My second option was the orange with the pop art style comic books had, which themes with the old collectibles he's selling.
homepage1.jpg
Attachments
selling_mobile.jpg
selling.jpg
mobile_contactus.jpg
mobile_about.jpg
homepage_mobile.jpg
homepage.jpg
homepage.jpg (3.48 MiB) Viewed 612 times
contact.jpg
about.jpg
selling1.jpg
selling_mobile1.jpg
mobile_homepage1.jpg
hambuger_menu.jpg
contact1.jpg
contact_mobile1.jpg
about_mobile1.jpg
about_1.jpg
:)

Erikatsukamoto

Re: p3 prelim

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Nancy! I love your designs! I think I'm liking the design with the orange burst the best. The only thing that I can see to change right now would be to move the magnifying glass on the search bar down just a bit to make it centered in the box. Otherwise, really nice job, I really like this design!

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Nancy!
I really like both of your designs! I think I lean towards the second option because of the color scheme. But I think it’d be cool if you combined the two, and made a blue burst background in the second option. Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Nancy!

Great job on your designs, they have the perfect comic feel to them! I like different elements of both your designs, I really like how the layout looks in your second design with the nav bar being a bit bigger. I l really like the color scheme of your first design, maybe incorporate the two? If I had to pick one, I'd say design 2 because of the layout. Overall, I can't wait to see the final!
~*Jenna*

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Nancy,

I love the way your layouts turned out, especially your first set of roughs. I really like the halftone patterns that you added all throughout the layouts which are very reminiscent of comics. Personally, I think you got the aesthetic part of the "comic book store" look just right. I suggest using a legible but visually appealing typeface that can compliment the rest of your graphic elements. Good job!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh no, you've gotta' go with that first one with the halftone starburst, Nancy. That's so on point for a site that hawks comic books.

That starburst really does grab the eye and not let go. Between the vibrant orange and yellow gradient and the sense of outward motion it has, the design subtly pushes the reader back a bit. I like that your content and navigation are basically ribbons that push out of a more constrained background. It adds a lot of visual interest and breaks it out of the web-standard column. You've definitely leaned into the box model here, but in a visually interesting way. Good use of semi-transparency too. It lets your halftone show through while keeping your clean layout over the top. I like the font you've chosen for your headlines, it's bold and eye catching without being too "comic booky". It keeps the theme and goes in a slightly different direction.

Make sure your content area can stretch vertically to account for your bodycopy content. You don't want it bleeding out the bottom. I'd recommend using a sans-serif type for your bodycopy, but not your headlines and nav. Make sure to vertically center your text in your buttons; a lot of them are trending toward the top.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Nancy,
I'm really drawn to the orange design. You can do so much with this one and I can see you playing with the colors for the inner pages but keeping the cool dots and triangles (which is what the comics look like when you zoom in on the prints :) ) If I were to add anything, I'd maybe play around with your typeface choices a little more. Maybe use some of the top/most popular comic typefaces instead of the serif fonts?? Good work! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
-Johnna
-Johnna Chism

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Nancy,
I think you've created great designs so far! My favorite design would have to be the first design because I think it really represents the comic concept behind your website, making the half-tone dots and sticking to bold colors like orange and yellow helped elevate the original design's website! I also love that the design still has simple elements to create easy navigation for the users and legibility. Something that I think would help your design would maybe to add comic book or comic books! Hope that helps and great work! Looking forward to seeing your final design! :D

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Nancy, good work. I like your orange design better. I really like the graphics you added in the background to make it more like a comic site. All of your fonts are looking good. My advice for the web layout would be to try and use more negative space to see how it looks.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

kaiyote03

Post by kaiyote03 »

Hey yah Nancy!

I really love your first design! Thematically the design fits so well for being a comic book seller. I think your Idea of having the "latest comic" be a huge selling point to the landing page works really well and creates some nice breathability for your design. A little critique I have is that you should move up your header for the 1st design as I think it leaves too much room towards the top. I would also straighten out your elements within the header as they are all a bit uneven and a bit sour for the eyes.

Good work on your designs! (❁´◡`❁)
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ