Project 03 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
S_Osmar

Project 03 Prelim

Post by S_Osmar »

My original website was the official website for Penny Juice.

https://www.pennyjuice.com/

I'm not even sure what this website's whole goal is with all the juices, but I know it sure didn't have good design.
I wanted to take two totally different directions with these two designs, I think I made it look a lot more interesting and engaging than before.

Design 1
web_rough_project_03.png
web_rough_project_03_2.png
mobile_rough_project_03.png
mobile_rough_project_03_2.png
Design 2
web_rough_2.png
web_rough_1.png
mobile_rough_2.png
mobile_rough_1.png

Erikatsukamoto

Re: Project 03 Prelim

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Osmar! I really like both of your designs! It's hard to pick, but I think I'm liking your second design more. If I were to change something, I might try moving the order now button on the phone version to the right a little bit or somewhere else. Really nice job!

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Osmar!
I like both designs! I lean towards the second design because I like the blue color scheme and I think the layout works better. The only advice I have is to maybe add a pull quote, or create some sort of heierchary with the body copy, to make it more interesting. Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

"Childcare Juice" eh? Disquieting.

A definite step up over what they had, Osmar. I like your second design best. The colors are a little less jarring.

It's a very clean layout. Nice use of margins all around. Everything has room to breathe and nothing feels crowded. I also like the way each of the sections are clearly delineated. You use your colors well to spell out the different sections of you content. Nice color choices too. The purples work well with the yellows and oranges and all of them contrast nicely with the white. It creates a gentle harmony and a soft welcoming feeling. Good work with the images. You've picked the most colorful, least unsetting images from the source material. Their extra color serves to draw the eye and add add itonal visual interest to the website. Your navigation is easy to see and use, too.

I think you've got a font too many here. I'd recommend doing your bodycopy and your contact info in the same sans-serif type that you did your buttons in. Maybe a little lighter weight version for your bodycopy. I wonder if your footer needs to be that thick anyhow. I think you could break your contact info up across one or two horizontal lines and opposed to a four stack and free up a little more room in the content area.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Oscar,
I like the layout of your 1st design the best. There's a good balance of photos and information blocks. It might be fun to play off the rainbow colors a little more instead of using the pastel color pallet like they did in their original site. There's something about the pastels and vibrant rainbow tones that seems a little odd to me. But if you love the pastels then go with it!! Good work!

-Johnna
-Johnna Chism

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Osmar,
I think both design are legible and clean! I like your second design, I think the colors are really calming and the colors help with the idea of "juice". I think something that might help your design is changing the alignment on your headlines, I think aligning it to the left instead of centered would help the design become more legible! Great work! Hope this helps and looking forward to your final work :D

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Osmar, good work. I prefer your second design and like the colors you used in it. My advice would be to use less fonts.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Osmar,
Nice work so far! I'm a big fan of the 2nd design concept you have, I love the color scheme. The first set feels really bright. As for my critique, you could consider changing up the font for Penny Juice to something a bit more fun. Great work regardless.
Isaac M!

nancyrey143

Post by nancyrey143 »

Hi Osmar,
I'm digging the purple and blue combo from your second design :D I would just add fewer fonts in here, possibly just have
the order now font be like your sans serif. I'm looking forward for the final design!
:)

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Osmar,
Nice work on redesigning the website! I like the second one more. If I could change something on the second one, I would change the font styles on the subhead so it will stand out more. Nice work!
Hinata Sato