PROJECT 3 PRELIM GRAHHHH

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
kaiyote03

PROJECT 3 PRELIM GRAHHHH

Post by kaiyote03 »

Howdy doo team, what a wonderful Tuesday night (* ̄3 ̄)╭
Here is the original website that I am redesigning, its a construction company in Okinawa
The Website: http://www.fujikensetsu-j.co.jp/index.html

With what I was given by the previous designers I had a bit of struggle on what to put on interior pages but I plan on doing more research and filling it with text that talk about the projects.

Design 1 :)
design 1 landing.jpg
design 1 interior.jpg
mobile 1 landing.jpg
mobile 1 interior.jpg

Design 2!!
design 2 landing.jpg
design 2 interior.jpg
mobile 2 landing.jpg
mobile 2 interior.jpg
Here is my work and please tear into it! I love the critiques! \(@^0^@)/
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

bmeyer

Re: PROJECT 3 PRELIM GRAHHHH

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Kai! I really like both of your designs! The top one is my favorite because it has a very modern look with the colors and the large image. The layout also works very well. My only suggestion is to make sure to add the nav bar on the top of the secondary page. Good job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hai Kai,

The change I appreciate the most between the original design and your design is the color palette change. I think your designs make it a more inviting website, and I'm more interested in yours. As for which one, I'm enjoying design one a little bit more. It's subtle things that I like better but they're both great! Adding a pop of color for some contrast could also be fun!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh you've made these much better, Kai. You should be proud.

I like your Design 1 a little bit better. I think it's the large photographic homepage. It immediately establishes where they are and gives a subconscious feeling of "we built all these", whether that's true or not! Your white, blue, and black colorscheme works well with your images, which are doing a bunch of the heavy lifting here. Your imagery is well chosen; each picture brings a lot of color and detail and the inner ones show off what the company has built. Typographically everything looks pretty darn clean, at least to these eyes that can read very little Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji. Good use of semi transparency too. It adds a lot of viual interest to your nice, clean design.

I'd add a little more margin to the bottom of your homepage header on your computer layout and a bit more top and bottom margin to the footer on your computer homepage layout. The text on your left column of your computer inner page layout would look better a little smaller and left justified.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Kai!

Awesome job on your designs, they look great! I like your choice of a white background with blue to compliment, it looks very clean and professional. I'm leaning more towards the first design as the main image really catches your eye. Maybe make your footer just a little bigger to add some space, other than that awesome designs!
~*Jenna*

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Kai! I really like your designs! I think the first one looks really good with the city image being so big. One thing I might change is maybe try adding the blue gradient you have at the top and put it on the bottom as well. Really nice job, this looks so good!

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Kai,
Great work on your designs...the original site really didn't have anything, which can make coming up with something really difficult. I like your 1st design better, but you can't go wrong with either. I especially like the darker blue font color on the light blue background. It'd be cool if maybe you could add a rollover/hover feature that quickly translates a few items into English? But the design works great as is.

-Johnna
-Johnna Chism

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hey Kai,
These might be my favorite designs you've made so far! Something about Japanese characters really make everything cuter, haha. I think both designs are clean and really well thought out! For me, I was more interested in your first design; I think the photos you've chosen have complimented the layout nicely and the different tones of grey and blue bring a more professional feel to "construction" which for me, makes me think the company is trust-worthy and has great stability. Something that I would maybe change is alignment of the photos from your first photo, I think that because everything is aligned to the left, moving the bottom photo in alignment to the left of the top of photo would bring the website together more. Hope that helps and great work! Looking forward to your final design! :D

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Kai, good work. I like both designs but prefer your first one. I like that blue color you used. If you go with the second design, my advice would be to use more negative space.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Kai!
Great work once again dude I am jealous. I love the second layout. The blue colors work well together and I never feel bored looking at the site. You could always consider adding a pale bright color but that is of course up to you! Good luck.
Isaac M!