My project 3 prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Mars_Sink

My project 3 prelim

Post by Mars_Sink »

http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/

here is my original website. I gave myself a complex website to update because there is so much information. I see why the people who run the site do not invest in graphics. I went for two different styles, one very graphic and jestery looking and the other I made really girly and pastel because not enough DND things are cute.
Attachments
project_3(2)mobile_ms-02.jpg
project_3(2)mobile_ms-01.jpg
project_3(2)_ms-02.jpg
project_3(2)_ms-01.jpg
project 3(1)mobile_ms (1)-02.jpg
project 3(1)mobile_ms (1)-01.jpg
project 3(1)_ms-02.jpg
project 3(1)_ms-01.jpg
- Mars Sink

Erikatsukamoto

Re: My project 3 prelim

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Mars! I really like both of your designs! I think that the colors in the second design look a little bit more "DND", however, I'm really digging the style that you have going with the first design. I might try seeing how your design would look if you applied the colors from the second design to the first design. Overall, really nice job!

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Mars!
I like both of your designs! I think I like the top one better because the color scheme is super cute and the graphics are also cool. The only advice I have would be to make the text box a tad less transparent so it’s easier to read. Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I'm all about that second design, Mars. It looks like the old NES Zelda map.

I like it's broad, plain colors. They're all natural tones so they work well together. The little spot of red on your hamburger menu really draws the eye to it. Makes it look like a little flag, perhaps a banner being flown by your little castle. It certainly makes your navigation easy to find. I find the type fascinating. Ordinarily I'd say it's way too bold to be bodycopy and yet it works just fine here. An interesting choice. Love the background pattern too. It looks like a tapestry landscape map that the heroes are making their way through.

Make sure you have enough content to fill the content area, or make the content area has no height and only padding and then stretches as you fill it. Also, make sure your homepage content is the same distance from the top of your content container as the content on your inner page designs.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello,

I really enjoy both of your rough layout designs and how they exude different vibes in terms of their aesthetics. I really like the dreamy and glamorous visuals you used in your first set of roughs. The way you kept similar elements as in the original and added more to it really is appealing. Personally, I would like to see how that one turns out. I really think you should go with your idea of an unconventional DND design. Keep it up!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hey Mars!
I honestly like your top design better, but I like the darker colors a little better in the 2nd design. The icons at the bottom of the first design are really eye-catching and help ground the site. I would maybe make the typeface a little smaller in size and try to break the paragraph up a little bit if you can. Knowing you, there's going to be some amazing things that come out of this one!

-Johnna
-Johnna Chism

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Mars,
I think both designs are really fun and super cute! If I had to choose one, I think my favorite would be your first design because it gives a me a "light" feel to it and really represents the gaming concept of it all. Although I love everything about the colors, I think I'm bias because pink relates more to women and I understand that DnD sells to both males and females of all ages so I think that it would help to play with some colors that is mutual or maybe even just adding green to your color palette might help catch the attention from both genders. Hope that helps and awesome work! Looking forward to your final design!

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Mars, good work. I like both designs. I like all of the kinds of shapes you used in your designs. They make the site visually interesting to look at. My advice would be to try different fonts for the body copy.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

kaiyote03

Post by kaiyote03 »

Hey Mars,

I am really loving the second design! The text is really nice and readable for everything in the design. The colors are also really cool, pastel~y, and work pretty cool to be contrasting what is normally what DnD is. Currently a problem I have with that second design is that the background elements aren't centered and creates weird tangents within the background.

For the first design I really enjoy the symbols that you got going on in the design, they would add a lot of navigability to the design and the black contrast really well against the other colors. My main issue is that the type is way too light on a 50% opaque box with a light background just makes it impossible to read.

You got some good stuff going on here! Keep it up! (╹ڡ╹ )
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Mars!

Lovely work as always. I prefer your 2nd layout currently as the colors are working a bit better together, as the colors inn the first concept feel very soft and are starting to blend a bit. I'm really excited to see where you take this!
Isaac M!