Project 03 prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.

which one is better?

Design 1
100%
Design 2
No votes

Total votes: 7

Hinata_Sato

Project 03 prelim

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hello everyone,
For this project, I decided to redesign the official website of Carson City's chamber of commerce.
The website
https://carsoncitychamber.com/

To be honest, I thought this was the city's website instead of the chamber's commerce... Anyways, I decided to make the website look professional since it's the city's website and I wanted people to think it's easier to navigate and have a clean look.

Design 1
carson-city-home02.jpg
carson-city-inner-page02.jpg
mobile-home02-01.jpg
mobile-home02.jpg
mobile-inner02-01.jpg
mobile-inner02.jpg
Design 2
carson-city-home01.jpg
carson-city-inner-page01.jpg
mobile-home01-01.jpg
mobile-inner01.jpg
Hinata Sato

bmeyer

Re: Project 03 prelim

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Hinata! I like both of your designs, but my favorite is the top one! It has a very clean layout and color scheme. The pictures work very well and it’s all super legible. If you went with this design I don’t think you would have to change anything, because it already looks super professional. Good Job!!!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I'm all about that Design 1, Hinata. It looks so professional.

What great use of contrast in that first design. Using the blue and white to delineate different sections of the design was a strong choice. And the blue is dark enough to really stand out. Great choices of imagery as well. The pictures bring a lot of visual detail and alternate colors to your clean, simple design. Good typographic choices as well. You've used a single sans-serif in different weights to establish hierarchy. The sans-serif also makes the Chamber of Commerce appear forward looking. As if they have their eyes to the future. The whole thing folds up nicely into your mobile design as well. Your navigation is easy to see and use. Thank you for showing us the popup too.

I'd add a little more margin between the bottom of "Carson City" and the bottom of your header on both your mobile and computer layouts. Alos, just a little more margin between "Chamber Calendar" and your footer on your computer inner page layout.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Hinata,

I have to agree with everyone else, your first set of roughs is the best looking one so far. It looks sophisticated and it is really easy to navigate. The bars are really nice touch that really makes your design look more professional. I also like the typeface(s) you used as it really sets the mood for this type of governmental sites. My only suggestion is to zoom out a bit on your first picture located on your home page (the one that is placed below the navigation bar). Keep it up!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Hinata! I really like both of your designs! If I had to pick one I think I would pick the first one. The first one looks very professional and clean, the second one is very fun and cute but I don't think it matches the target audience. If I were to change one thing, I would maybe try incorporating the transparency of different images like you did with the second design. Really nice job!

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Hinata,
Wow, you've really made this horrible website look so classy! Good work!. I do really like both designs, but if I had to choose one, I'd go with the 1st. I love the circle "asides," especially how they look going from the web to mobile versions. I really wouldn't change too much at all with this design, it's hard to nit pick something that looks so clean and professional. Maybe try to center the circle photos a little more and adjust the 2 topics on the sides to help them stay centered? I really love this. Good job.

-Johnna
-Johnna Chism

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Hinata,
I think both designs look awesome so far! The design that I gravitated towards the most was your first design, I definitely think you did a great job creating a professional layout and easy navigation for your website! I also enjoyed the use of circles because it balances well with the square elements, which for me creates a more "softer" look for a professional concept and makes it more inviting for the audience. Something that I think that could help with your design, would maybe make the "Chamber of Commerce..." logo a bit smaller so it doesn't look so crowded in your navigation bar. Hope that helps and great work!! Looking forward to seeing your final design! :D

qcottel

Post by qcottel »

Hey Hinata!

Both of your designs for me are great, but your first website is so professional looking I tricked myself into thinking it was the actual website. I like how sleek it looks and how everything is organized, and the hierarchy is crazy good. Definitely go with design 1!

Great work!
Quinn Cottel TMCC Student
quinn.cottel@gmail.com

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Hinata, good work. I really like your first design. It looks very professional. My advice would be to give more space around the chamber of commerce Carson City text.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

kaiyote03

Post by kaiyote03 »

Howdy Doo Hinata,

Im really loving your designs but I am really rocking rocking with the first one. I enjoy the hierarchy of the design and smoothly my eyes follow the design. I also enjoy the repeated color palate from the original design but I wish that you used the Gold color somewhere in the design (if it looks awkward its fine to not use it, just would like to see a hint of it.). A little critique I have is that your app icons on the footer of the first design isn't centered so its really messing with my eyes, same with the type of the location and phone number down there.

For your second design I really love how much breathability there is in the space. I also really like the composition of the picture in relation to your design and it frankly looks sick. A critique that I have is that none of your shapes are the same as each other with some being rounded and others being hard corners so I would normalize that throughout your design. I also think for you Inner mobile design you should use the same text boxes that you have everywhere else as it looks like youre trying to make a design for a horror story instead of the chamber of commerce.

Otherwise, I really love your designs! Keep up the good work! \^o^/
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ