Project 03 prelim critique

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.

1 or 2

38%
63%

Total votes: 8

Brady Lenon

Project 03 prelim critique

Post by Brady Lenon »

Hello there everyone. I decided to redesign Ron Marston's PteroWorks website. I understand that I have a bit of work ahead of me for the final design. I also know that I need to work on the text for the phone designs. I wanted to incorporate the colors that are used on the planes themselves to make the colors make more sense. I didn't want to go all out with shapes and buttons. Like Ron has on his site. I am happy to say that I believe that these designs are already a good start into making Ron's site look better.

Here's the link to the website: https://www.pteroworks.com/index.htm

Also. I don't know why the whole box for some of the shapes is sticking out. It is not like that on the document.
Attachments
phone_inner_02.jpg
phone_inner_01.jpg
phone_home_02.jpg
phone_home_01.jpg
computer_inner_02.jpg
computer_inner_01.jpg
computer_home_02.jpg
computer_home_01.jpg

bmeyer

Re: Project 03 prelim critique

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Brady! I like design one the best. The straight box looks more organized and the gray and green color scheme looks nice together. My advice would be to add a navigation tool somewhere and add more gray to the layout. Good job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Brady!

Nice job on re-doing this website, I like the abstract aspect and the bright bold colors! I'm leaning more towards design 1, it flows a bit better and I like how you added a header to separate things. One thing I could suggest is to play around with the font a little more, other than that I can't wait to see the final!
~*Jenna*

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Lol! You should get in touch with Ron, I bet he can send you all sorts of interesting photos for use on this.

I like your Design 2 better, Brady. The rotated content containers are very visually interesting. It's not something you see every day in web design and really attracts the eye. It also gives a sense of motion to the whole layout. I also think the orange plays with the vivid lime green in interesting ways. The designs generally use contrast well too. Your photo choices are a good match as well. They show the designs on offer in a neat way and add to the visual interest of your rotated page a bit.

Now that I've demoed how to rotate objects using CSS, you have to rotate your bodycopy so it matches the rotation angle of your containers. I would also enlarge your bodycopy, your header copy, and your imagery. They're all too small right now. Also, your bodycopy needs more than a little formatting. I don't see much hierarchy in there right now.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Brady,
I like your second design better as well. It's more visually interesting than the first, especially with the colors. If I had to change anything, I would break up the text more on the landing page and make the font size large so it's a little more legible. Good work so far.

-Johnna
-Johnna Chism

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Brady,
I think both designs are really fun but straight forward! Good job! I think I gravitated towards your second design because the rotated shape creates a more interesting element to your website. Something that I think would help with your concept would possibly be playing with more rotation on the shape, maybe if you made it longer and more slanted, it will help make the design look more intentional! Hope that helps and awesome work! Looking forward to your final design! :D

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Brady! Really nice job with your designs! If I had to chose one I think that I like the first design more. The logo at the top looks really good. I think that that I might try messing with the layout and try adding something to the background to really make this design pop. Really nice job!

qcottel

Post by qcottel »

Hey Brady!

I like both of your designs! If I had to nitpick one thing, it would be the use of that green, maybe a slight tint would make it easier on my eyes to read the text, but other then that I think this is a great redesign! I like your second website, the boxes slanted like that create good visual context.

Ron's gonna like it for sure!
Quinn Cottel TMCC Student
quinn.cottel@gmail.com

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Brady, good work. I like your second design better. The straight boxes make everything look more unified. My advice would be to maybe try a tint of that green. It is very bright and distracts from the top of the screen.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Brady,
Nice work on making Ron's website look more colorful and bright! I think the one with orange looks better and easier to navigate. It gives me more energetic look than the original one. My advice will be to make the fonts bigger since they're hard to read right now. Maybe playing with font styles will help add characteristics to it as well. Good work!
Hinata Sato