Proj3 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
lil_cactux

Proj3 Prelim

Post by lil_cactux »

I chose to redo Pacific Northwest X-Ray Inc.'s website. They are primarily a catalog site for purchasing x-ray equipment so I wanted to do modern tech-y feel for my version of their websites. I like the black version best because it definitely gives the technology feel.
Attachments
pacXray2-mobile-02.png
pacXray2-mobile-01.png
PacXray2-02.png
PacXray2-02.png (19.08 MiB) Viewed 550 times
PacXray2-01.png
PacXray2-01.png (18.93 MiB) Viewed 550 times
pacXray1-mobile-02.png
pacXray1-mobile-01.png
PacXray1-02.png
PacXray1-02.png (13.41 MiB) Viewed 550 times
PacXray1-01.png
PacXray1-01.png (13.3 MiB) Viewed 550 times

bmeyer

Re: Proj3 Prelim

Post by bmeyer »

Hi! I like both of your designs! They have the technical feel you were going for. Personally, I like the second option because the image you chose stands out really well with the black and looks super cool. I think it would look good if you incorporated those colors into the layout. I also think it could be beneficial to add some more information on the company for the home page.
Good job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi there!

I really like the color choices + font for both designs, you nailed it with the "tech" look. I'm leaning more towards the 2nd design as the background image really caught my eye. The periwinkle font color was a great choice against the black background and ties it into the image. The only suggestion I would make is to play with another font, maybe have one for your header and another for the buttons/body text. Overall, awesome job!
~*Jenna*

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh I'm all about that second design. It looks like the end sequence of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

You've made yourself a psychedelic X-Ray equipment site here, Liv. A fun direction if I do say so myself. That, eye grabbing multi-colored, hallucinatory sweep of an image is so cool. I like that you decided to do the rest of the site in very minimal colors and let that image do all the talking. Makes for a super fascinating look and feel. The colors you did choose, black and blue, work well together and provide good, if low-key, contrast. I like your geometric font as well. It's something different and helps make this design stand out. Interesting use of size, rather than weight, to establish hierarchy. Pretty good margins through the whole thing as well.

I think, given how thin your content is, I'd be tempted to move the brightly colored image to the bottom and let the content sit on top on your mobile version. Watch the veritcal alignment of your text in boxes. Some look to be trending upward slightly.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Liv,
You've taken this site to new levels. The original makes me want to cry a little and your 2 designs are so lovely and great to look at. I found myself just staring at the background images trying to decide which one I like more. If I had to choose, I think I'd go with the 2nd design. The only thing I might suggest is to consolidate the "product" name buttons some how. Can they be broken down into categories with a few drop-down buttons? But looks really great right now, can't wait to see the end result.

-Johnna
-Johnna Chism

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi there!
I think both designs are cool and definitely portray a futuristic and techno concept to them! I agree with you, I really enjoyed your second design because I think it has a clean layout and the rainbow light streak brings a bold element to your design. Something that I think would help your design would to changing your text alignment to the far left of your navigation buttons instead of having it on the right side. Hope that help and awesome work! Looking forward to your final design! :D

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hello! I really like both of your designs that you have here! I think if I had to chose, I would have to go with the first design. I think the colors are working really well together with the light blue and the sand color. I might try adding the design that you have with the second design and incorporating that in with your first design. Really nice job!!

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Liv, good work. I like both of your designs, but slightly prefer the darker background. I really like the graphics you added. They are both very cool to look at. I think everything is working well. My advice would be to utilize more negative space.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hi Liv,
Both of the designs look really cool and it gives me sci-fi vibes. My favorite will be the first design. I like how simple it is and the font style you chose. I think the font is perfect for the website. I like the simple look of it but I would add more elements around it and align the lines of a hamburger button. Great work!
Hinata Sato

kaiyote03

Post by kaiyote03 »

Hey Liv,

I really am enjoying the second design a lot. The colors of the image really bring a lot to the design and I think it works well with what the company actually does. A critique I have is that you should find a way to simplify the layout of the product in some dropdowns as having a grid of 30 different products will make it very hard to find the wanted product.

Good work!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ