Project01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kelseymarie_ba

Project01 Final

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi you guys,
My name is Kelsey Bautista and I'm currently enrolled in the Graphic Arts Program for an AAS degree. I'm from Las Vegas but have lived out here in Reno for almost 8 years.

For the final, I've decided to choose the second design from the preliminary critique. At first I thought that testing with "fun" colors would elevate the layout but I decided that the cream with grey/black tones was a better pair for the photo I chose and personally, I'm more interested in nude colors instead of bright, bold color palettes. After that, I worked on my alignment, spacing, and hierarchy with my type. Another thing I made sure to work on was changing the style of my font, instead of using a bold font, it was a great idea to make it a lighter style. I hoping that once we learn more about HTML and css, I'll be able to play more with ideas but for now, I've decided this layout will be the base of creating the final website prototype.

I've attached the links that I thought were helpful for me:

https://dribbble.com/tags/creative_blog
https://www.hotjar.com/web-design/examples/

Here, I've attached the final layouts for Project01:
Attachments
project-one-website-final.png
project-one-website-final.png (8.32 MiB) Viewed 423 times
project-one-mobile-final.png

Juan Lara

Re: Project01 Final

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Kelsey,

I love the way your final design turned out! The beige background is a really nice touch. Both your web and mobile layouts are easy to navigate and all of the elements work together in harmony to create an appealing design. I also like the typefaces you used (not only do they look good, but you further established a great sense of contrast and hierarchy). Great job!
If I had to suggest anything, I would just lower your email info a little more so it could align with the bottom of your photo in your web layout. Aside from that, I believe you met the project criteria spectacularly!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

These pages look great Kelsey! I love your text placements! So creative and pretty. I think the pages are supposed to have the TMCC logo, so I would put that in. But overall, these are beautiful!

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Kelsey!
I love your design! I love the clean look and how you used the white space. I believe the font you chose for your name is representing your fun and positive energy. I like how you incorporate the colors with the image as well. I think they're working nicely with the typestyle. I also like how you made the color of the class information a really light gray. I think I've seen small info on other websites. My only critique is to make more space between the image and the body copy since I think it's a bit too close. Great work!!
Hinata Sato

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Kelsey,
I really enjoy the look of your final designs, they're very appealing to look at and I love the layout of everything on each of your designs. The font you used for your name is really neat and you made it fit really well within the layout. The only thing I'd change is making another grey bar at the top of the website to unify it with your mobile design where it has the project button and such. Great job!

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Kelsey,
Everything is working well. The colors work nicely. The fonts work well together. Good work.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

qcottel

Post by qcottel »

Hey Kelsey!

Your design kinda reminds me of my design, which is why I like it!
I like the photo you used, makes the whole website more inviting, love the vibe it gives off.
Just being nit picky here, but my brain wants to get rid of "Me" in contact me, so there's just 3 elements, then slide the contact over a tad so all the elements are even.
But other then that, Great work!
Quinn Cottel TMCC Student
quinn.cottel@gmail.com

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Kelsey! I really like the design that you ended up going with for your project. I think that this picture that you have works really well and I really like the background color that you have. The only thing I would have changed is adding the "contact me" box on your phone page like the one on your web page. Nice job!

nancyrey143

Post by nancyrey143 »

Hi Kelsey!
I love the layout that you chose! Honestly, it's just me but for the mobile I would switch the bottom to the top, just to have what we click to have the emphasis there first rather than the tmcc logo.
:)

kaiyote03

Post by kaiyote03 »

Hiyah Kelsey!

The design is very professional looking and I love that! The grey components work really well in that mobile design and it makes me really want to try and scroll to those sections. I just wish that the body copy on the web design had a bit more space between it and the picture.

Love this design! Great work! (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ