Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kevin_ksk

Project 01 Final

Post by kevin_ksk »

Here are my final designs! For the web design I went with the blue design since it was the most liked out of what I read in the comments section. I made small changes like lowering the gradient so my hair was poking out more. This was to make it look more intentional since it could look unintentional. I made my signature font slightly different. I highlighted the first sentence since I thought that would draw your eye into reading the paragraph. I made the social media icons white so they would stand out. I made the gradient more of a harsh transition so that the body copy and signature would be in a lighter section and be more readable while the darker blue would be more on the side of my photo.

For my mobile design I thought going with the gradient design made more sense with the web design I picked. But I moved the gradient into my photo background instead of the text since it would be harder to read with that gradient and it would make it look less like my body was floating if the gradient started at my photo. I made the photo smaller and widened the body text box so that the text had more room to breathe. I added the text changes from the web design like the different signature font and the highlighted first sentence.

I thought the most helpful information from my info links were to, "Use widely accepted web design principles" since going out of your way to create really unique elements can be visually interesting but it can be confusing for someone trying to navigate your website. And "Show one thing at a time" since it's very easy to clutter your page with a bunch of information. You want to make sure to keep your text at a reasonable reading length on the page so it's not just a wall of text or dozens of images and elements.

LINKS:
https://rocketpopmedia.com/whoweare/
https://derekhess.com/pages/about
https://www.orbitmedia.com/blog/web-design-tips/
https://www.mailerlite.com/blog/website ... -practices
Attachments
project01_mobile_grc_175_ksk.jpg
project01_web_grc_175_ksk.jpg

Hinata_Sato

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hello Kevin!
I love the gradient in the background. I think it makes it unique and matches your theme. I like the idea of making the "graphic designer" stands out and changing the "my name is..." to make it viewers easier to read. I also like how you made one of the buttons blue so they will know which section they're in. I see them a lot on other websites, but I didn't think of adding them to my design. That's really smart! I think I mentioned before to your preliminary work, but I really like how you added the icons of social media on the side for the computer format. If I had to make a change to your design, I think I would make your picture pop out for the mobile format as you did for the computer format. Great design!
Hinata Sato

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! This is one of the most professional looking websites I've ever seen for this project. Your design skills are really shining through here.

The thing that stands out most to me is how you used your header as a frame for your content and then broke your image out of it to create visual interest. I love the use of margins by and large throughout this layout. Everything is nicely separated and has room to breathe. Your type choices are excellent. I like the interplay between your script title and your sans-serif bodycopy. Good use of weights to establish hierarchy too. The colors work well together. White, black, and blue have great techy future synergy and contrast well off one another. Good balance across all your objects. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

The bottom margin of your class information is too close to the bottom of the page on both your computer and mobile layouts. There's also a rather large gap between the top of your head and the navigation header in your mobile version.

Excellent job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Kevin,
I love reading about all the items that you've been paying attention to. It's definitely hard to balance all your wants and needs into the space we have. I really love how you highlighted the first part of your text, it seems to be a really nice touch. If I could improve on anything, it would still be your hair peeking out of the gradient on the web version. Maybe make your photo smaller in the web version too? I would still remove your name at the very top. I think the fancy typeface version of your design works really well by itself. Good work Kevin.
-Johnna Chism

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Kevin!
I'm really happy with your changes and the choice of layout you decided to pursue. Your website looks very professional and is super impressive. I love the web version layout, especially the contact buttons. I understand you wanted the harsher gradient for readability, but I think you could still play around with the middle of it a bit more to make that transition from white to blue a bit more pleasing to the eye. Awesome work!
Isaac M!

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hey Kevin,
I think the color gradient is a great element for your design! The font style that you chose really helps your name stand out although I wish it wasn't so slanted like that. If you can maybe find another font style like that has a more straighter alignment but if not, no biggie; it still looks awesome! Hope that helps! Great job! :D

Kelsey Bautista

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Great job Kevin!
That gradient is working so nicely to make your website look professional. Well done!

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Kevin,
I think your final designs came out really well. I really like how you cropped yourself and cut your image out to give it a custom background that works with the design and adds a good amount of color, it matches your shirt! Maybe you could've gone with a different font for your name but I still think it works well with your design. Nice job!

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Kevin,
Nice work, everything looks very clean and nice. Everything is working very well. All of the fonts you used are working nicely.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Kevin! I really like the design that you ended up with! I think that the font that you have for your name looks really good and sleek with your design. The only thing I would change is maybe moving your body to the bottom of the blue background so there isn't a small blue stroke underneath you. Great job!