Project 01 Final!

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
isaacm03

Project 01 Final!

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey everyone! I'm Isaac, and this is my final for project 1! I took your advice about increasing margins in some places, decreasing in others, and adding in some buttons for my project links. I added a menu for my resources section with a navigation button that I can hopefully code. Also, I pushed things further out from the center, as I felt things were too crowded in the middle. I enjoy how this came out, but the designs are also a good starting point that can be updated as we go along this semester.

In terms of solving the issue of the project, I believe I succeeded in creating a visually pleasing directory page, and I think the changes I have made since the last critique has benefited me greatly in establishing ways to make project links and resources stand out.

My design inspirations:
1.https://mobbin.com/browse/web/screens
2.https://dribbble.com/

Both of these sites were great for me at taking a look at a lot of web design examples, (especially mobile) to see what works and what doesn't. More than that, the sites also allowed me to figure out why certain elements work and how web designers can overcome certain obstacles.
Attachments
project-01-web.jpg
project-01-mobile.jpg
Isaac M!

Juan Lara

Re: Project 01 Final!

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Isaac,

I really like the sense of hierarchy you managed to create in both of your layouts. My sight is driven by all of the elements and it seems like your layouts would be easily travelsable. I like the neon aesthetic you implemented; it really gives off a lot of personality. My only suggestion (this is more of a nit-pick, admittedly) is making your name the most prominent text in your page. Other than, I believe you met the project requirements spectacularly! Keep it up :D
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Isaac,
YAY for breathing room! Good work, see what fun a little space can add? At least I think it's a really great improvement. I love your old-school icon buttons and the gradient is awesome. It's really hard to make any kind of suggestion right now, but the powers to be force us to....so how about a purple stroke around your picture to match the resources box and the icons? Either way it looks great as is.
-Johnna Chism

antstronomy

Post by antstronomy »

Hi Isaac,

Your final product came out really cool! I love retro and vintage designs, and your design almost reminds me of a retro video game, especially with the glowing home button! Your hierarchy and project directory all work really well and look great. Great job on this!

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Isaac,
Your designs look great so far! I really like the adjustments you've made for you final! Something that you can maybe change is the font size for your body text which can help your email contact info. stand out more! Hope that helps! Good job! :D

Kelsey Bautista

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Isaac,
I think your final designs are looking really good! I love how you added the navigation arrows for the links and resources. I've never thought about adding them I think they're working really well with the vintage look you have. The colors are working nicely with the typestyle you choose and I love the glow effect you added to the headlines. One thing I would change is probably the email. I think I would make it more stand out by making it bigger or changing to bright colors. Other than that, great work!
Hinata Sato

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Hey Issac,

Nice designs! Very futuristic feel to them. I really like the effect you have around some of the headers (:

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hey Isaac,
I really like the gradient you got on your design! The fonts you used are really nice, and I love the one you used for the "Home" subtitle! Makes everything pop out a lot more! Your project buttons are looking a little bit small on your website design, maybe if they were bigger or longer it'd work a bit better filling up a bit more space at the bottom. Great work!
Last edited by S_Osmar on Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Isaac! I really like where you landed with your design. I think your colors look super good together and I like your glowing "home" that you have going on. The only thing I would change is maybe putting your name somewhere where it is more visible and bigger. Really great job!

kaiyote03

Post by kaiyote03 »

Greetings Isaac!

I love this Design! I love the implementations from the preliminary to this final design. The bubbly buttons add some contrast to the design and really shows viewers where the clickable components are. I also enjoy how much more inline every bit of text is with another. The header text is nice and even now and the body text feels more nice and a bit more at home closer to the picture. My only "critique" is that I wish that the contact text was still lit up like in the prelim as I feel that the glow effect made it very apparent to viewers you have other work and where they can contact you.

Supreme bang up job on this design! o(* ̄▽ ̄*)o
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ