Project01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
qcottel

Project01 Final

Post by qcottel »

Hey Yall!

These are my final designs. From what I saw a lot of you liked my second design more, especially the font I used for my name. So I kept that while also changing the font for the other text to pop out a bit more, making it more legible. I also made the top navigation bar smaller so it doesn't spread across the page, making it look a bit more concise with the other elements in the page.

https://2020.andreasantonsson.dev/
https://www.treyhardin.com/
https://dirtylinestudio.com/

These are the websites that gave me inspiration.
Attachments
Project01_final_phone_qc.jpg
project01_final_website_qc.jpg
Quinn Cottel TMCC Student
quinn.cottel@gmail.com

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project01 Final

Post by Instructor »

Yeah! Rockin' the bread site. I'm glad you picked this one, Quinn.

What stands out to me about this design is the picture perfect alignments you're using. This is a textbook demo of the power of alignment. You've created so many edges where none exist. Good margins on everything too. It's all nicely locked together without being crowded. I also like your use of proximity to create easy to follow groups of content, especially the separation between your nav your content and your footer. You've got a real eye for this stuff, Quinn. The Carhartt gold background (which I'm half convinced you sampled off of the bread in the picture) is working well. It's dark enough for your white to create contrast against, but not so dark it gets too stark. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

I think your bodycopy on your computer version would look better justified, like how you have it on your mobile version. I think the nav on both could stand to be a little bigger and/or bolder.

Excellent job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Quinn,

I like the contrast between your background and your name. I also really think it's interesting how you made your name so prominent throughout both of your layouts. My only suggestion is changing the weight of the menu options so they can be more distinguishable from the body copy. Other than that, I think your layouts turned out great.
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Quinn,
Great job on your design. I really like how you chose the color of your background to be very similar to the colors in your photo. Your font choices are very legible, I would just make the navigation font words ever so slightly bigger. The only thing I can see to improve would be to take your name off of your photo in the mobile version. Your sourdough loaf is the FEATURE!!! So let it shine like you did in your web version and don't cover it up :) Good work Quinn!
-Johnna Chism

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Quinn!
I really like how your design turned out, the layout is super modern and organized, and the color works really well with that!
My only advice would be to make your navigation text slightly bigger.
Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Quinn!
Awesome changes so far. I love how you took elements from both of your layouts and created something greater. As I said last time, I am a big fan of the outlined type, and your alignment is on point. I really don't have much to offer in terms of critiques, maybe dropping your body copy down a bit in weight would help just a bit. That is very nitpicky tho. Excellent job!
Isaac M!

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Quinn,
I really like how your final design turned out! The font for your name and your body text and navigation buttons pair nicely! I really like the overlapping of your bio photo and name but I would maybe play with adding a solid color inside the font, I think it would help your name stand out more from your photo! Hope that helps! Great work!

Kelsey Bautista

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Nice Job Quinn! I love the color you chose for your background, and your font choice for your name. I would maybe resize your image on the mobile version so that your name doesn't overlap since it is hollow. Overall these look awesome!

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Quinn!
I like the final designs! I'm happy you chose this design. The font style of your name stands out even if just the outline. I love the layout of both of them and I love their simple but unique look to it. My only critique is to make the links on the top either thicker or change the type style to make them look like they're buttons. Great work!
Hinata Sato

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hey Quinn,
nice work on your designs! I like your use of orange and white, with good use of space around your layout. I like the font you chose for your name! It gives off a futuristic kind of feel, I like it. The only thing I would consider adding is maybe some extra elements behind your white text to make it pop out a bit more and be easier to read, like maybe a box or shape with a darker shade of orange to make the white really pop out. Great work!