Project 1- Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
nancyrey143

Project 1- Final

Post by nancyrey143 »

Hi everyone,
I decided to choose the flower design for my website. I decided to change some of the colors to make my navs more legible. I wanted to have the hello, my name looks more like someone wrote on the foggy glass. I'm hoping that this won't be too much of a pain to code, I wanted to have an effect of fogging on the glass if the coding doesn't seem too hard to do. I finally added the TMCC logo rather than just adding it with text. On the mobile app, I decided to make the drop-down menu red color to give it emphasis. I made my name larger because I like the idea of my name popping off first.
Web 1920 – 2.png
Web 1920 – 2.png (5.44 MiB) Viewed 480 times
Samsung Galaxy S10 – 2.png
:)

jjkusler

Re: Project 1- Final

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Nancy!

Your final design looks great! It gives me a cozy vibe, the contrast of the font colors and the background work really well together. Everything flows nicely and is easy to navigate too, it looks very clean. I hope to see the "foggy glass" on your published website, very creative! Only small thing I suggest is to match the font color of your name to one of the many shades in the flowers. Overall, awesome design :D
~*Jenna*

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Nancy!
I really like how your design turned out! It has such a pretty vibe, with a modern layout.
My only advice would be to make your name slightly bigger in your computer design, for some more heirarchy.
Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Nancy,
I really like the changes you made with your design. Changing the font to emulate your finger writing in a foggy window is a really great touch. If I had to make any suggestion it would be to match your color font to your carnations a little more? Maybe a little less orange more of the pinkish-red color? Just an idea to try. Good work on the simplicity of the design, it feels warm and welcoming even though it's a rainy day.
-Johnna Chism

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Nancy!
Wow, I love how this turned out. The background image is nice, and the fogging on the glass is such a great idea. I'm going to borrow that for future work. It feels so cozy and I can basically imagine how that background image feels. As others have said, I think you should borrow one of the red shades in the flower. Lastly, I think you should apply that fogging effect to your project buttons. It would add just another instance of that effect that could help die everything together. Excellent work!!
Isaac M!

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Nancy,
I really love the look of your design! I think that having the photo as a background and using the negative space for text is great! I think that something you may want to play with is a different font style for your name and I would love to see your name bigger, maybe even bigger than the "Hello, my name is" part. For the font style, you can look for something more organic like "paint streaks" or "dry maker streak" fonts and see if it'll pair better with the "Hello..." or if that's too busy, a simple bold Sans Serif font will balance it nicely. Hope that helps! Great work! :D

Kelsey Bautista

lil_cactux

Post by lil_cactux »

Great job Nancy! I love the image you chose and how you organized your information. I would maybe use the same font for your name as you did for your bio just for consistency and because right now there are three different fonts stacked on each other. But overall these are beautiful!

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Nancy,
I like the changes! I especially like the font you chose for your "hello my name is". I think it's clever that you made them transparent since it looks like somebody wrote it with their finger! Nice job! My only critique is that the hamburger button is a little bit longer. But other than that, your design looks great!
Hinata Sato

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hi Nancy
Like everyone else, I too really like the effect you did with your name and the window condensation, it was a really cool idea. I'm personally having a bit of trouble reading your body copy, but everything else looks solid, especially the picture you chose for your background with looks very nice. Nice work!

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Nancy,
This turned out very nicely. Good job. My only suggestion would be to make the shapes that are around projects, resources and contact all the same.
- Nick Martinez 8-)