project01_prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
yasmin_bean

project01_prelim

Post by yasmin_bean »

For my inspiration, I chose to draw from Disney's Twisted-Wonderland website and the website for the Louvre museum. I chose the Twisted-Wonderland website because I like how everything is laid out and the aesthetic. I chose the Louvre museum because I like the way they organized their information.

https://www.louvre.fr/en
https://disneytwistedwonderland.com/

For my first set of drafts I wanted to do something that caught the eye in a bold way and complimented the websites. So I chose to have a painted background with script to help compliment it. I did my best to keep the number of fonts and colors to a minimum. I'd have to say the website version of this is my favorite.
mobile_rough01
mobile_rough01
computer_rough01
computer_rough01
As for the second roughs, I struggled a little bit. I think I did well with the mobile website and I think I had a plan going into the computer website but it didn't turn out how I wanted it to.
mobile_rough02
mobile_rough02
computer_rough02
computer_rough02
Let me know what you guys think!

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: project01_prelim

Post by Instructor »

I concur with you; your first design is the best. It's that strong background image you selected .

What an image. It has such neat colors and patterns. Really moves the eye around in a fun way. It also provides fantastic color. You basically don't have to think about color with this composition. The image is doing it for you. You couldn't have picked a better foundation for your design. I like your headline font as well. It's so visually interesting and goes well with your background image. The curly serifs work with the waves quite nicely.

I would recommend keeping more continuity between your mobile layouts and your computer layouts in the future, Yasmin. There's a lot of difference here. While your computer layout is relatively easy to read and see your mobile layout is so dark it's a little difficult to read and see. Speaking of your computer layout, most of your content seems scattered to the four corners with not much in the way of organizing principles. I'd recommend taking a look at your fellow students work and organizing your layout on that kickass background image you have. Right no it's just too scattered. Play with proximity and alignment to get everything in a nice hierarchical group.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Jasmine! WOW. Your first design, especially the 1920x1080 I think that the background image you chose works super well and I would definitely stick with that. The font you chose also looks really good and works very well. For you phone version of this design, I might see what it looks like with not as dark of an image and try sticking with the same brightness what is in the 1920x1080 design. I might mess with the layout a little bit so the type isn't taking up so much space on the design. Maybe try cutting the white rectangles so they don't go across the entire design? Overall, really nice job.

Juan Lara

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Yasmin,

I like what you did with your first set of layouts, implementing a very interesting background to your page really gives the overall design a very captivating and interesting look. Maybe work with contrast and color schemes that could compliment the backgrounds. Aside from that, I believe you'll have an excellent and fun layout.
Last edited by Juan Lara on Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi!
I really like your first idea! I think the swirls and Alice in Wonderland feel is really cool. I also like the fonts you picked out.
My only advice would be to bring the type away from the edges and maybe only do the swirls in certain areas of the design. It can be difficult to read some of the type when they're on top of the swirls. Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

jjkusler

Post by jjkusler »

Hi Yasmin!

Your 1st design blew me away, awesome choice of background! Both your layouts flow really well, I especially love your typeface choices for your 1st design! I think you could play around with the font color, I like the black but the smaller texts gets a little lost. Overall, great job! Can't wait to see your final!
~*Jenna*

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hello Yasmin!

Lovely work so far. I agree with you about the 1st website version, it is my favorite too. I think the background image keeps the site visually interesting and keeps it away from being too bland. For the first set, you could increase the rectangles' transparency across the screen to increase contrast. In certain spots, the black is pretty hard to read, especially your name in the middle. As for the bottom set, the contrast is quite good here, but I think you could add in some shapes or use different colors for the type, because overall, this set feels very bland. Maybe another image that pops can really help you out. either way, I can't wait to see where you take this. Good luck!
Isaac M!

NMartz

Post by NMartz »

Hello Yasmin,
I really like the image you chose for the first one. It is very interesting to look at. I would stick to one version of the image. I prefer the lighter version over the dark. The lighter version makes everything easier to read. Having your name there without a transparent box behind makes it hard to read with that background image. I would also consider making the about me font different from the main font you used in your computer layout. Good job.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

kelseymarie_ba

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hi Yasmin,
I like the expressive and simple concept you did for the preliminary! I think that the marble effect is really eye catching and the the color palette in the second concept are simple and clean! I do think that if you choose to go with the second design that both layouts have elements from each other so that it's a more consistent look and if you decide to go with the second one, possibly play with lighter colors to work with contrast! Hope that helps and can't wait to see what you make this semester! Good luck! :D

Kelsey Bautista

nancyrey143

Post by nancyrey143 »

Hi Yasmin! I love the twisted effect for your first layout! I would just the mobile
app to match the same colors as the website, they looked like they were in
different layouts. Overall I love the concepts you came up with and I'm excited about how
your website will become. Great job! >v<
:)