Project 1 prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Mars_Sink

Project 1 prelim

Post by Mars_Sink »

Please critique! I know these are rough be mean it’s okay!
Attachments
E618AD38-530F-481B-ACE9-917C9AFBF7A4.jpeg
D928CCE1-5A5C-46CE-9DA0-B02E1DBABF64.jpeg
BDE91D1C-808F-4A86-ABC7-8C48F1C76CC2.jpeg
0C764971-EEA9-4D13-899A-235EDA35231E.jpeg
26C45628-DA03-453E-8C6C-8E7422BE1C00.jpeg
- Mars Sink

kelseymarie_ba

Re: Project 1 prelim

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hey Mars,
I think the color palette you chose for your designs perfectly depicts "Mars!" I understand that these are roughs, but I think incorporating the "sketch look" into your final design would be great, sticking with that for some elements would help describe you as an animation artist! Hope that helps, can't wait to see what you make this semester! Good luck! :D

Kelsey Bautista

kaiyote03

Post by kaiyote03 »

Howdy Mars!
I really enjoy your colors on the second design as they feel very naturesque and calming.
I would work on the layout of buttons for "work" on the second design as the unevenness is very jarring compared to the layed back calm tone of the colors.
I think your designs are coming along nice and I hope to see these finalized in the future!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

S_Osmar

Post by S_Osmar »

Hey Mars,
I think as concepts these are really cool and the color palette you're working with is very appealing. Interestingly I think the style of your roughs makes for a really cool style of website, although it might not be what you end up doing it's still a neat concept to think about and could really make your site pop out from the rest! I also love seeing your process through the thumbnails. I would personally try to stay away from text alignments to the right or in the center, maybe that's just the typography class talking, left-aligned text is the most legible after all and I think that'd be good when reading a paragraph of text. Keep doing what you're doing, great work!

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hey Mars!
I love the colors for all of them! All of the layouts have different themes and I think the colors are matching really well on all of them.
I especially like the mars theme since I think it represents your name and has a nice first impression on the viewers.
For the typefaces, I think other decorative fonts or other stylized fonts would look better. In my opinion, they all look a bit plain.
I'm excited to see your final work! Good luck ;)
Hinata Sato

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Mars!!

I love your work so far, it is such a good representation of you and your personality. The color choice you went with is very pleasing to look at and has a certain calmness to it that I really appreciate. I think I am leaning toward the bottom two layouts just a bit more, as I think they are both a bit more legible. ( I REALLY like the planet buttons idea though! :D ) If I had to offer you any advice, I think you can increase the size of the intro type, just to make it more readable, and perhaps change the color of the "Mars Ultra Animation" to the white that is present in the design already. This will clash with the white on the planet, so maybe you can tone that down just a bit. Once again, these layouts are totally representing you, and I think that is what most people are trying to do. Can't wait to check out the final. Good luck!
Isaac M!

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hey Mars!!!
I really love your color schemes and ideas so far, good work. Personally, I'm leaning towards the 2nd design with the navy, orange/red, peachy colors. Looks like you've left plenty of room to move things around if you need to and I see all the areas for the menu dropdown and such. Right now the only improvements I can see is to make sure you're getting all the elements in that we need, like the TMCC logo (which didn't download for me, so I get it if you didn't incorporate it), your email, and the class title. It's coming along great Mars, can't wait to see your progression!
-Johnna Chism

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I don't see a mobile design among these. Although there are some interesting ideas among your computer layouts. I like your second design with Mars in the sky and the rolling hills.

Good choice of colors on that design. The red-orange, the peach, and the mint work well together. The content works well with the rolling hills. I like that you used a single font and just played with weights and sizes to differentiate important type from bodycopy. Good margins on all your elements. Lots of room to breathe on everything.

It's too bad you didn't show us some mobile versions of these designs. I would have liked to see how some of these designs worked on a smaller screen. I wonder if your second design really needs the opaque text box. I think you could move the rolling hills up a touch and just have your content be reversed out of it. I'm not sure where you're going to have your navigation. You have a few good spots to put it depending on what you're feeling.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Mars!
I like everything you have so far! My favorite is the one with the planet, I think it's really cool and I like the composition. My advice would be to add titles such as "projects" in the same like as introduction. Good Job!
-Bella
Bella Meyer

:shock: :shock:

keatonbeatty

Post by keatonbeatty »

Hey Mars!
I can see what you're trying to do within these layouts pretty well so no worries! I love the mix of earthy colors you chose and they balance each other quite nicely. Layout wise I think they do need a bit of work though, right now they are a bit flat against the page and very boxy. I wonder if you get rid of the boxes and let the content speak for itself, or maybe if you wanted to do shapes as you have them... make them look almost like a lava lamp vibe between your elements to tie them together. and as always, this might be just a personal preference lol, but on your last web design, I would bring up that box that is kinda in the bottom corner to be more centered, while moving between a mobile and a web version sometimes things get cut off if they are too close to the edge. I would say follow the same rules as you do when your print! if things are too close to the edge they will get cut off. I really love your concept though, it shows a lot of personality and I am super excited to see the final result!
~ keaton beatty