Project 1 - Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.

This layout is WAY better! Use this one!

Poll ended at Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:11 pm

Design Layout #1 = Spider Monsters
63%
Design Layout #2 = Unraveled Tape
38%

Total votes: 8

NMartz

Re: Project 1 - Preliminary Critique

Post by NMartz »

Hello Johnna,
Both of your roughs look great! Both are very well thought out. It is hard to pick between them, but I am leaning towards the second one. I think having color in the background is what is doing it for me. Nice work.
- Nick Martinez 8-)

Erikatsukamoto

Post by Erikatsukamoto »

Hey Johnna! I really like both of your designs. I might make the words "project" a little more visible on the spider design but otherwise nice job.

kaiyote03

Post by kaiyote03 »

Howdy-doo Johnna!

BOTH OF YOUR DESIGNS ARE AMAZING. I really am in love with the first design and its comic strip aesthetic. I would really love if you went with the first design.

For you second design I love the theme and the colors a lot. The only thing i really have a complaint about is that the layout creates these odd empty spaces that aren't filled by the cassette or the cassette tapes. Other wise I love your designs and could see you going down either path for them.

I am gonna love to see your final work on these! Keep it up! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Kai Madden just backflipped ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

nancyrey143

Post by nancyrey143 »

Hi Johnna!
I'm really loving the hand-drawn feel of the first design. These are both very creative but the first feels a bit more unique, please go for that one. If you do the music one I recommend only using the drop-down menu for the mobile and putting the projects tabs in there, rather than having both there. I would also take it away from the desktop version since you only really need the resources and contact information tab. Overall, these look sick! I'm excited to see what you do with them :D
:)

Hinata_Sato

Post by Hinata_Sato »

Hello Johnna!
I love both of the designs!! I especially love the illustration you have for the first design and the font you chose for your name! I think the illustration of the first one really matches the handwritten look font and I think you did a great job on the unity by making the "hamburger" lines look like it was handwritten! My only critique for the first layout is to place the numbers of projects in front of the lines. I think it blends in with the lines behind right now, so I would place them in the front to make them pop out more. As for the second layout, I feel like the right side is a little crowded, so I would move the Resources and projects to the left side. Great job on both of the designs!:)
Hinata Sato