My Life Story, a 30 minute read.

Please introduce yourself here. C'mon, don't be shy!
Elle Barre

My Life Story, a 30 minute read.

Post by Elle Barre »

Hello, I attend live class, I have always been interested in making graphic design and want to make websites, mainly my own offering meditation and self-hypnosis guided-visualizations for various goals people might have. I am a MASTER practitioner of Neurolinguistic Programming, which sounds really suspect of mind-control or something, but it's straight-up simple brainwashing. :- ) not really, it's a useful communication model anyone can learn. Many tools that come out of it are useful as stand-alone tools anyone can use, like for instance, the Meta-Model, probably google-able. I've used it with success in my occasional sales jobs and therapeutic endeavors. It's very useful for establishing rapport with people who are otherwise hard to communicate with, and, influence. It was discovered, not invented: it's natural, but some people are 'wizards' with it. It took one session with me for my sister-in-law to stop a lifelong smoking habit. This is my second time trying to finish this course, the workload is a lot for this oldster--I have an optic nerve injury from a drunk driver when I was 23... the way that unfortunate injury affects me really tries to pull me off course, but when you have a dream of acting, directing, writing, art, film, teaching, etc., well, web design and film editing, which can be done in dimly lit rooms, have become my current last bastion of possibility, outside of hiring others to do what I want, which I play the lottery to fund one day. It's very frustrating and often demoralizing when you want to express yourself in visual arts, so, I am always trying to overcome this. I have GRC200 as well, and it's a bit head-spinny. This is my 3rd year attending 1/2 time, since Fall 2020. Wish we could have in-person class with in-class labs. I'm old. :- ) I have a 24 yo daughter, I'm an activist for Women's Rights and always have been all my life, and I still love men. The two are not and never have been mutually exclusive. I find part-time work as a Dominitrix helps me be cool that way. Haha, just kidding. But I am really sick to death of people actually believing that standing up for women means I don't stand up for men, or like men. If I had a nickel for every time it was implied I was a man-hater, I'd buy one of my very own. I grew up with six--SIX brothers older and younger than me, and no sisters until I was ten. I was mother's helper with all of them, and they are all still scared of and/or mad at me. :- ) As they should be, because I WILL still tell Dad on them. He's 93. His picture is in the movie Devotion, because he was a sailor on board the aircraft carrier during the amazing event that the film is about, which resulted in the Congressional Medal of Honor being awarded to one of the pilots. It was a wonderful surprise when I took both my folks in wheelchairs to see it in the theatre and in the final credits, a few pages from the Ship's yearbook were put on the screen, my dad front and center in one blown up over the whole screen. He was in the ship's band, playing his saxophone in the photo, in case you see it. I am using a pseudonym for this website because I don't like to be searchable on the internet, for no real reason other than that I don't like it. "LBar" was my great-grandfather's livestock brand in 1900, so I am Elle Barre in here. Vanessa in class/class recordings. :- ) I love to laugh and do, throughout the zooms, but you can't hear me cause my mic is off. I should be designing right now... thanks for reading. My brothers call my texts and emails, "novels" and I guess you can see why. I'm a writer, duh. :- )
~ Elle Barre

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: My Life Story, a 30 minute read.

Post by Instructor »

"LBar" eh? I was wondering the history on that. You should find a pic of it and use it as your forum avatar. That'd be fun.

Welcome back for round two. I hope everything breaks your way this semester. I fully believe you have the skills to get it done and I hope your eye cooperates and let's you use screens for some time this semester. ~fingers crossed~

I'm glad to hear your dad liked "Devotion". I thought it was a well done job of telling the tale without too much embellishment. Not that it needs any. One heck of a real life story. It must have been a real treat for him to see himself up on the big screen.

As always, I look forward to seeing your solutions to the projects and look forward to having you in class. I'm available via Canvas and email and check 'em regularly as you know.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173