finally done!! project 3

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
lilykmitch

finally done!! project 3

Post by lilykmitch »

Here is my late project 3 I had a lot of problems but it's as good as i can get it for now. The biggest problems i have had is making navigation go where i want them to go and changing fonts to be what i want. But this is where it's at!

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html
Lily Mitchell :geek:

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: finally done!! project 3

Post by Instructor »

This whole website has a sketchy Spirit Halloween feel to it. Except that it's all dark like a dodgy video arcade. I don't know whether I do or don't want to run a blacklight over the place. And the pictures. Every one of 'em is subtly horrifying. I think it's the fact that none of their smiles meet their eyes. What are they hiding?

Aside form the aesthetic, I like your use of a black background. It's a great backdrop for all the glowing pictures. The whole website actually looks like the packaging for one of those big jars of glowsticks. I like the font choice for your logo too. It feels very appropriate for a company that sells all manner of glowing objects. Good page titling as well. Each title seems to be a different color. Your text is very easy to read against the black background, too.

I would have liked to see your navigation be something other than the default underlined blue text. I would have liked to have seen some more pics on the non-Product inner pages. I'm not sure why the nav changes from one inner page to another.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

yenny

Post by yenny »

I like the vibe of it. It's definitely party vibes and I think you made it look good. I also like where you're heading design-wise. I love having the navigation on top. It gives you more room for design and fun.
Yen N.

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like what you came up with, I definitely understand the time struggles! Your imagery works well with your type and the overall feel! Nice work!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Lily,
I like how it looks, the design is very playful and pleasing to the eye. I also loved how you kept the black background to emphasize the glowing products rather than changing it to something else. My only critiques would be the images, I think if they were saved in a higher resolution, it would create a better impact on the viewer. But other than that, I think your site satisfies the majority of the project's requirements. Greak work!
Meghna Misson - student

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hi Lily!

I love your bright and vibrant aesthetic with your site against that black background. Really makes the whole thing just pop!

I think what you have here is a great solid build that works. There are obviously some issues with your nav on certain pages besides the homepage and the search bar along with the cart icon would look a little better if they were on even levels with the rest of the nav but I think overall you accomplished what project 3 set out for us to do. I am STILL working on mine and having so many issues but Im slowly working them out. Hopefully I'll have it up this weekend but unfortunately will miss the critique week window. Good on yo though for getting this done and up. Onto the final project! *gold clap

Keep it up! :)

Best,
Zach

squidgola33

Post by squidgola33 »

i think its a really good effort. i had problems with my nav too :( but hey your site works! only thing i would maybe change is the quality of the images in your site, they look a little pixelly.