Project 4 Preliminary Roughs - Zach Andrews

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.

Which Concept appeals most to you?

Concept 1
44%
Concept 2
56%

Total votes: 9

Meghna_Misson

Re: Project 4 Preliminary Roughs - Zach Andrews

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Zach,
These are both really amazing designs that it is so hard for me to choose which one you should go with! But ultimately, I picked the second concept because of the colorful neon gradient flowing into frame from the bottom-righthand corner--it just draws me in the most! (However, when I answered the poll, I ended up making the two choices tie! Arrgh! Now I wonder what design you will go with for the final haha, the anticipation is killing me).
Meghna Misson - student

mck775

Post by mck775 »

I always look forward to seeing your designs and this one is no different. Your designs always have a clear and continual style, it is very unique. I like them both a lot!! It is difficult to choose but my minimalistic style leans more towards design 2. It is superrrrr clean and the colors are vibrant and I feel like I am at a conference for Apple. Besides your opinions on Apple that is a compliment.... Your fonts are as well very fitting and simple and consistent throughout the pages. I think your nav looks great and honestly you didn't give a lot of room for critique. Ultimately I only want to see more feathering or blurring of the edges on the image for the desktop inner. :) amazing work

Elle Barre

Post by Elle Barre »

I go for the 2nd design more, though I do like the colors, and especially the parallax trees and mtns in Design 1 that give the 'Truckee Meadows' sense of place. It's beautifully done. I don't get the little space man on a rubber ducky unicorn, but it's cute. One thing that I would change in that design (1) is how wide-set the body copy is ... I think narrower works better with common eye movement reading habits, like you have in Design 2. Design 2 is wonderful. I love the black, and almost neon-y graphic, the play of light about it is enchanting and oh, I see the mtns in it now too. Sweet! The layout of all the headline and sections is ideal. It's so easy to read, great contrast of font against the background. And the lips dripping make it very young and now. And I really, really love that font used on "Assoc-I-ate of Arts" (intentional spacing there... ?) It's got a touch of magic in the matrix and against the black, it made me first feel like it was constellations. All the elements shine a light on the sophistication of digital multimedia, digital graphic arts: you electrified the webpage to show the dept to its best advantage. Fantastic art, design, colors, layout. Such a pleasure to observe your particular genius with this stuff, Zach. :- )
~ Elle Barre