project 04 preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
lilykmitch

project 04 preliminary

Post by lilykmitch »

Hi everyone heres what i have so far! here is my first concept which is more true to tmcc's color and aesthetic
computer layouts
home_computer01.tif
home_computer01.tif (141.09 MiB) Viewed 753 times
degrees_computer02.tif
degrees_computer02.tif (578.78 MiB) Viewed 753 times
mobile layouts
home_mobile01.tif
home_mobile01.tif (44.28 MiB) Viewed 753 times
degrees_mobile01.tif
degrees_mobile01.tif (138.34 MiB) Viewed 753 times
here is my second concept that is more out there and i just wanted to have some fun with it
computer layouts
home_computer02.tif
home_computer02.tif (157.31 MiB) Viewed 753 times
degrees_computer01.tif
degrees_computer01.tif (388.15 MiB) Viewed 753 times
mobile layouts
home_mobile02.tif
home_mobile02.tif (40.34 MiB) Viewed 753 times
degrees_mobile02.tif
degrees_mobile02.tif (118.37 MiB) Viewed 753 times
Lily Mitchell :geek:

Cole_Richards

Re: project 04 preliminary

Post by Cole_Richards »

Hi Lily, it seems the images didn't upload correctly, might be because of the .tif format?
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

lilykmitch

Post by lilykmitch »

oops i thought i uploaded them .png here they are again incase they won't load for everyone

computer layouts
concept 1
home_computer01.png
degrees_computer02.png
concept 2
home_computer02.png
degrees_computer01.png
mobile layouts
concept 1
home_mobile01.png
degrees_mobile01.png
concept 2
home_mobile02.png
degrees_mobile02.png
Attachments
home_mobile01.png
Lily Mitchell :geek:

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooooh! Another single page scroller design. Nice! Have a look at my 4/28 lecture on how to build these. And yes, the forum is not keen on TIFFs. But now that I've seen your reposted version, I can give you proper feedback.

I'm all about that first design. I think it's the different background images and the cool button and content containers. You've done a good job making TMCC's awful green not suck. It seems to work best as an accent and call to action color rather than a main one. I really like your choices of background imagery. They do a good job illustrating what the text is talking about as well as distinguishing from one page to another, which is important in a single page scrolling website. I also like your content containers as well. They do a good job of highlighting the content and they look like plastic buttons from some kind of 80's tech interface. Like a Speak and Spell or a digital pad ATM. Looks really cool. I also like the use of the "page titles" as separators, letting the reader know that they've hit a different content section now. Your text is easy to read and your navigation is easy to see and use.

Make sure the rounded edge rectangles that surround your bodycopy and buttons have the same amount of roundness and the same padding distance and the rounded edge green stroke rectangles within. Don't forget to vertically center your top navigation, too.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hi Lily!

Great variety in your design concepts here!

Personally, I really like your first concept because of your use of imagery showing the design programs and technology. As a graphics geek and tech nerd, I instantly was just drawn to that one most. However, I will say I like your color selection for your menus in the second. If you could perhaps combine the two?

Granted you used the TMCC colors in the first set but I am just drawn to the idea of distinguishing the GRC department/program as it's own school (obviously still under the TMCC umbrella but because considering the field of design and color, I feel it's only fitting that we get to play with that. Just an idea. Overall though very strong start and I think you're well on your way to creating a very strong looking website. :)

Best,
Zach

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

I’d hire you today

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi Lily, Both of these have a similar feel, and I like them. For some reason I like the graphics and colors of your first one, I'm probably brainwashed by tmcc knowing its true brand of that green.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

I am really diggin the green design, I like the high contrast body text and the way you encapsulated the headlines and the buttons with the green and white. I like the technical imagery and the adobe icons that give some insight into the tech as well as the design aspects of the program. The only thing I would really tinker with is the headline, it fades into the background a bit against the rest of the contrasty banners and buttons. Dig it, good luck.
James P. Cowan

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

Both of these designs have a similar look in terms of layout, but I think you should go with the green one. It has TMCC colors connecting the two, but it also has professionalism, which is needed in a school website design. It's hard for me to say what could make it better as it already looks fantastic now, so just go with the first one and refine/ nit pick it to all hell, and it should turn out looking cool after this is all over.
Samantha Thomas

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like your second design and how relevant the imagery is to the subject. Your colors are all working together well too, I think I would play with the shapes you have your type in, something about them is throwing me off. Nice start overall!
-Ericha Eberhart :D