project4 prelim???

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
mck775

project4 prelim???

Post by mck775 »

Hello!! Here are my designs for the TMCC's grc page. This was tricky, I don't even know if I am in love with them, let me know your thoughts :) For the first one I went a more traditional and corporate approach, then the opposite for my second design which is more modern and gen z I guess?
Attachments
Design 1 Home Desktop
Design 1 Home Desktop
Design 1 Home Mobile
Design 1 Home Mobile
Design 1 Inner Page Desktop
Design 1 Inner Page Desktop
Design 1 Inner Page Mobile
Design 1 Inner Page Mobile
Design 2 Home Desktop
Design 2 Home Desktop
design2.png (1.68 MiB) Viewed 724 times
Design 2 Home Mobile
Design 2 Home Mobile
Design 2 Inner Page Desktop
Design 2 Inner Page Desktop
design2_inner.png (2.18 MiB) Viewed 724 times
Design 2 Inner Page Mobile
Design 2 Inner Page Mobile

mck775

Re: project4 prelim???

Post by mck775 »

By the way I am so sorry design 2, both desktop versions uploaded so low res even though they don't preview that way, they also exported as high quality so I am not sure the problem. :(

Cole_Richards

Post by Cole_Richards »

Hi, these look awesome! I think the first is my personal favorite, I would keep the look of the home page throughout the inner pages, and either go with the navigation on top or in the middle, not both. Great work
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

I love it!
Everything about it!

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hi McKenzie!

Nice job on both of these two concepts - super different approaches to the style and layout of each. Personally though I love set #2 - I feel this is super simple and unique - totally different for anyone else's layouts I've seen thus far. Although your first set is very nicely laid out and the contrasts between your background imagery and the content is really well done, I feel set 2 is just so unique. I feel you managed a very hard thing to do which is keeping things super simple whilst still creating intrigue and that swirly graphic art that changes from page is so neat. It's such an understated, abstract element but again, it makes the layout so intriguing. Also your feathering and fading/gradient use of green in the background is super smooth and simple.

While I think you honestly can't go wrong with either option as set 1 is well done and safe, I personally always advocate living on the edge a bit and go the "what's different" route (so long as it works). Here I feel it works very well whilst staying clean, simple and organized. Looking forward to seeing which option you proceed forward with and good luck on the final build! Keep it up! :)

Best,
Zach

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

If you decided to go with your design one design, I would somehow tie it back to the home page version. Taking a glance at it and then reading like I usually do, it was hard to connect with the already green-dominated design of the second one.

Speaking of the green design, it looks so cool. I love it, and it is creative but also simplistic and to the point in terms of information. I would personally go with either of these or combine them somehow, but it's ultimately up to you.
Samantha Thomas

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nifty! Call me a member of Design 1 Gang. Represent!

I think it was the photo on the home page that sold me. Your home page has such great contrast. The background photo does a great job of showing off the institution and provides an intriguing background for your content. The subtle dark radial gradient background behind the text area really pushes in forward without burying your image. I like your font selection. It's just different enough to be visually interesting. It's also easy to read against your background. I also like the faux-3D effect created by your green shadow on your logo. The use of the green to add visual hierarchy stands out as well. Your navigation is easy to see and use. Nice use of margins and padding too. Nothing feels too crowded.

Make sure the content block on your home page is centered. I'd also recommend aligning your bodycopy type to the left edge of your page title on your inner pages. I'd also be tempted to bring in the nifty 3D mobius from Design 2 into your inner pages to liven them up a little.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi I love what you're doing with the optical illusion ribbon graphics, I want to just look at a bunch of those as art. But I like your first photo concept for tmcc gamt website, awesome work.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

Honestly I am leaning towards the green design if only because most of us shy away from the color. However I am dying for some imagery if not only to see what it would look like against the "vivid" background. I might embolden some of the font choices to help them occupy your own space. Diggin where you are headed with this and I look forward to the finished product.
James P. Cowan

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I am digging the second green design, the shape is giving this really cool design feeling and it is a great way of showing GRC without showing obvious pictures. I think with some great alignment this page would be awesome! Nice start!
-Ericha Eberhart :D