project 4 prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
James Hill

Re: project 4 prelim

Post by James Hill »

Hello Olivia,
I really like your first design and totally think you should go with that one. Your imagery is fun and works with the content. I like the color choice also. I do think you have to much body text. Also you could make the text bigger. Wonderful job.

Elle Barre

Post by Elle Barre »

I do love the colorful happy green design, but like in the actual catalog, the copy does go on interminably and buries the one or two lines needed for that page, not The Iliad and the Odyssey they've got up there. It's so much to read and therefore, imo, calls for a clear, easy-to-read font, like Ariel, or MAYBE the serifed Times New Roman, if formatted into two columns for the short lines, with generous enough leading. Then, that page would really be a 'looker,' printable and suitable for framing. "- ) Maybe the graphic, charming and cute though it is, WITH the primary green banner color leans to a "children's school" look. Maybe with a change to the graphic (that chair-to-monitor relation makes my back hurt), something just as fun and colorful, but sophisticated, then you could keep that wonderful green color and the concept of this page. It's so nice to look at.

Your 2nd design is not as fun, but it is clearer (only because of Design 1's massive amt of copy in a giant, too-wide block in a hard-to-read font). There's no comparison for me which is more appealing, it's the green one, whereas the 2nd design succeeds more as far as the content presentation, but it really is devoid of color, life, and the photos actually show it to be so deserty. Which it is, of course, but, not ON campus. That student work page is a complete departure from either design, and is interesting and very easy on the eyes. I wonder what these pages would look like if you extrapolate on that concept? It's very chic, sophisticated.
Nice work Olivia. :- )
~ Elle Barre

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Oliva,
I love the first concept the most since the second one seems somewhat dull in comparison, however, it's quite hard to make out the picture behind the green box. I think what you should do is not make the rectangle stretch across the screen--and instead, stay in the left half of the composition--and adjust all the text elements accordingly where the viewer can see everything at once rather them blocking/covering one another. I also do like the font choices you had gone with, especially for "GAMT", it's very expressive and reflects the program well. Great work, can't wait to see how it looks once it's live!
Meghna Misson - student

lilykmitch

Post by lilykmitch »

Hi!
I think the second might be my favorite out of the two just because it looks a bit more professional and clean. It seems to be the strongest with the pictures standing out from the white background too!
Lily Mitchell :geek: