project 4 prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Lucky_Penny

project 4 prelim

Post by Lucky_Penny »

So for project four I kind of went with something basic and simple. I'm favoring my second layout, seems more uniform and something you would use for a school. The first one I'm not super happy with I think I would change the colors on the background or just start over completely.

The mobile layouts are similar, but I think the contrast of the black and white with photos looks a bit cleaner and crisp. I know is the school color is green but I just can't get behind it it's very hard to look at and no matter what i did it just didn't click :mrgreen:
web page 01.png
web page 01-1.png
mobile01.png
web page02.png
mobile02-2.png
mobile-02.png
𝐿𝒾𝓋₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Cole_Richards

Re: project 4 prelim

Post by Cole_Richards »

I like your designs a lot, I also prefer the second, I like the layout, a couple notes, I'm not sure if you were just using any green or the TMCC green, but it is a bit bright for the tmcc green, I like the direction so far!
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Agreed, Olivia. I think your second one works better, too.

It looks and feel more professional. I think it's the better use of margin and padding. It has a wide open feeling whereas your first one feels cramped. Everything has room to breathe and stretch out. Your fonts are well chosen. All your copy is easy to read. Your navigation is easy to see and use. I especially like using the green as a highlight color to draw the eye. On your home page it works great for your call to action button. Good use of your header and footer as content framing devices on both your computer and mobile layouts. Good image selection as well. As long as you choose images that reflect your content on a page by page basis, that will work well for you. Interesting art choices as well on your inner page.

I'd recommend shrinking the TMCC logo a touch on your mobile layouts and moving it slightly to the right and down so that it's a uniform distance from the top, bottom, and left edge. Vertically and horizontally center the text in your call to action button as well.

Nice work.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

Way to go looks good

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hi Olivia!

High five and two great design concept and both being really different from one another. Initially I was drawn to your first set because of the vivid green/teal color throughout the layout but in terms of what looks better overall, I would have to agree that your second set is much stronger. I feel you've allowed your layout to breath more on that set vs the first one there tends to be a lot of eye strain with the image layered with color on top of that followed by the page content. So personally, I feel set 2 should be the winner but you could always play around and tweak the first set to see if you get iot to a place that is more similar to the second set in terms of simplicity and ease of digesting the content/information.

Overall though excellent work on both of these - I feel you followed a very similar design philosophy I try to stick by for preliminaries which is to do a safer redesign as well as a more experimental, louder design and see what works at the end of the road. It's so funny because I feel it can go either way and it's different every time I do it. Anyways great wrok and look forwartd to seeing which concept you move forward with for the final! Good luck! :)

Best,
Zach

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi, I like the playfulness of your first design, but I also admire the traditional approach to your second design. I think you could roll with either one and succeed. Both are well placed with a solid design.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

While I am naturally drawn to the first design's color I think the second layout is more the direction of a solid UI experience. That being said, I think maybe a combination of the two designs into a super lion robot design might be the way to go as I see it. On the second design possibly the use of columns would break up the large daunting amount of text and give it a bit more flow. Good start, excited to see the outcome.
James P. Cowan

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

Both of your designs are unique in their own way, and you could go with either. I think you should do the 1st one so that it's not a boring professional and shows a bit of fun design like what we will get in this course. If you do, you might want to use the ugly tmcc green, though it matches up with the tmcc color palette instead of what you have now.
Samantha Thomas

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like your second design the most, it's very clean and I think the typeface is great too! I think I would break up the type a little bit so that it isn't a huge block of text. Organizing it into sections will make it less intimidating. Nice start!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Megan Greaves

Post by Megan Greaves »

I agree that the second set works out a little bit better. I think it's because the main image area is separated from the informational area, leaving them both with room to breathe. I do like the sketchy word style in the TMCC logo in the first set. Perhaps you could integrate that into the second set to bring some of that green back into it.