Project 4 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Ericha Eberhart

Project 4 Preliminary

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hey everyone! As I’m sure I’m not alone, I am ON THE STRUGGLE BUS right now trying to play catch up and get my work for other classes done, so these are far from my proudest work. Anyways, for my first design, I stuck with the school’s green white and black color scheme as my main colors and broke the kinds of design into sections. I tried to use less text than the original website because boy is that boning looking! I also added some imagery to help visual interest.
For my second design, I tried to create less of a structured layout and focus more on the movement and vibe of the design. I made black my primary color, with some white and green to break things up. The images I chose are all based on movement, as the top photo is a picture of a ceiling covered in signage (the picture is upside down). I thought putting that at the top would draw attention and show respect for design but also be clever because it is a ceiling at the top of the page.
project04moble_rough01-01.jpg
project04_rough01-01.jpg
project04_rough02-01.jpg
project04mobile_rough02-01.jpg
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Cole_Richards

Re: Project 4 Preliminary

Post by Cole_Richards »

I really like both of your designs, I really like what you're doing with the second one, I wonder if there is a picture of TMCC at night that you could use to have some connection with the original site, these are looking really good!
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

For somebody on "The Struggle Bus™", your work certainly hasn't lost it's quality, Ericha. I especially like that you're pivoting in the direction of single page scrollers. You'll like the Thursday the 28th lecture then.

I'm all about that second black design. I love how your imagery and colors pop out against that black. Nice use of TMCC's hideous green as a call to action and higglight color. You've managed to make it look not-awful, which is quite a feat. You should be proud of it. I also love the way your image look against that rich black. They almost feel backlit and seem to push forward toward the eye in HD quality. Good image selection as well. They reinforce the content that you have, especially that rad collage up at the top. You also make great use of transparency here. It really adds some great visual texturing. Great use of margin and padding here as well. Everything has room to breathe and nothing feels crowded. Your type is easy to read. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

I think the white boxes are a little too visually dominant. They really grab the eye on that black background. I'd recommend doing them either in a gray, or with no background color and a green stroke and green type.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hi Ericha!

Nice sets of design - both are really great! Once is very much rooted in the TMCC look and feel where as the second set has a more adventurous, edgy/techy feel to it. I have a knack for adventurous so I am more drawn to the second set :). Honestly though you cant go wrong with either design concept though. I agree for someone on the struggle bus, your work is looking still fantastic as ever! I am definittttely on the strugggggggle bus lol.

Anyways Keep up the great work and look forward to which concept you decide to move forward with! Im sure you will nail either one in the final build. Good luck! :)

Best,
Zach

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

That’s some detailed work I like it

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi ericha,
layout two is beautiful, keep developing that one all the way.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

I am really digging on the second set of designs, I love the layout and the high contrast of the imagery. That being said the only thing I would alter is that everything feels segmented as I try to followit, like it is without a hierarchal manner to navigate the pages, but that is prolly just me being a lil' nitpicky. Dig the designs and I am excited to see how you finish them.
James P. Cowan

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

The second set of designs you have is perfect enough to jump out at people and say, HEY, LOOK AT ME but isn't too pushy about it, and I think that is awesome for an information website, so I think you should go with that one. Maybe you can make the white boxes A light grey, so they don't stick out like a sore thumb in the design. Unless that is what you're going for, then go for it. It definitely draws the eyes if you make those your content areas.
Samantha Thomas

Megan Greaves

Post by Megan Greaves »

I love the way the images in the second design flow into the background and then into the next image. The images you chose are superb and represent the content of your pages magnificently. I'm impressed that you can also still work in the TMCC green. Your finished site is gonna look totally rad.

James Hill

Post by James Hill »

Hello Ericha,
Great designs you have, I like your first set it reminds me of the original website. I think the layouts cool and visualy guides you to the next section. I think you could make the background more interesting. Great job.