Proj 4 prelim...here we gooooooo!!!

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
chefspencer

Proj 4 prelim...here we gooooooo!!!

Post by chefspencer »

instructors.jpg
homepage.jpg
homepage_mobile.jpg
instructors_mobile.jpg
So due to some absolutely killer time constraints that I'm under with other assorted end-of-the-semester festivities in other classes, I was sadly only able to come up with one decent set of roughs. Thankfully, I think that this set looks really good and has the potential to go forward with pretty minimal alterations.
~Spencer Ellison

Cole_Richards

Re: Proj 4 prelim...here we gooooooo!!!

Post by Cole_Richards »

I like the direction, I might change the font although, I find the A and M a tad distracting and kind of pulls me out of the design, looks great otherwise!
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hey Spencer!

Bahaha okay before we even get to the layout itself, major major props on the professors pictures and names. Im dying lol. Freaking fantastic!

As for your layout, although you just have one set, I concur that it is a super strong concept and really dig how you laid it out - particularly the green wavey cord that winds dow through guiding the eye which btw reminds me of your super sick infographic for Dan's class regarding guitar amps. Soooo freaking cool. Honestly everything is so well spaced and laid out I don't really have much to critique except that I hope you do some major scrolling capability for the desktop version so that that cords comes into play there as well like how you have it on the mobile.

As always fantastic work and look forward to seeing your final build of this. Im with ya on all these"festivities" with other classes - I am absolutely buried right now. We're almost through though! High five!

Best,
Zach

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

Ham Bouwarts is someone I would totally want teaching me cause he is so crazy, lol.
Where did you get the GAMT logo? I was looking all over the TMCC website and couldn't find it.

IN terms of your design tho, I like the colors and the direction you are going with this. I would do something with the top picture mixed with that white font for your inside page. It might be a bit hard to see on most eyes. Maybe put a tiny stroke around it in black. Besides that, I don't know what else to say besides good luck with your one singular design. I know what it's like only being able to get one out during a project.
Samantha Thomas

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

That is a SOLID set of instructor bios there, Spencer. I can't decide which one is best. Dan as a lunchmeat based car hooning YouTuber, me as the supposedly dead Michael Jackson in hiding, or Ron as a genderfluid print meme.

You were right, BTW. It IS a pity you were only able to do the one design, but it's a damn good design. I think my favorite part of it is the mouse that winds it's way through the single page scroller inner page. It's a great way to tie all of your inner content together. Great use of transparency in your navigation. It gives the design great visual texture and makes the image seem larger. Your navigation is easy to see and use. The contrast on this whole design is excellent as well. TMCC's terrible green looks not awful as an accent color. What a fun and weird typeface you chose for your headlines as well. And yet I have no problem reading it. Unusual. Also, that bezier GA&MT logo is pretty darn nifty too.

I'm not sure your bodycopy needs to be all that bold. Your background's pretty dark, so a lighter type should be plenty legible.

Great work.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

lol, nice bio's. Do either design, the staff is the center point of this.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

Bwaahahah! That's a great staff line up. I like the design you have going the heavy black and the minimal green. I would put something to occupy the negative space on the landing page, text, student work maybe...An awesome start and I am curious to see how it ends up.
James P. Cowan

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like how organized and clean your designs are I think the mouse cord is a great tough for visual direction. I also think your type is working great, with some more GRC themed items this would be great and definitely be an improvement from the current website. Nice start!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

James Hill

Post by James Hill »

Hello Spencer,
Even though we only have one design I think this is a strong contender. I like the main webpage design for mobile and web. I think your inner page is "killer" with the joke titles. Not much to say as I think you did a great job.

lilykmitch

Post by lilykmitch »

hi spencer
this looks great and the instructor page is classic i love it thats hilarious. i also really like the squiggly line you have going through your layouts it makes it more interesting!
Lily Mitchell :geek: